Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Enfield revolver info needed...

Article about: Thanks everyone for replying to my previous thread... I thought I should find out more info on the Enfield. Is this a rarer revolver? Anything important that I should know about it? What is

Default Enfield revolver info needed...

Thanks everyone for replying to my previous thread...
    I thought I should find out more info on the Enfield.
    Is this a rarer revolver?
    Anything important that I should know about it?
    What is its value? Paid $300 for it out the door. Was I taken advantage of...After seeing it...couldn't pass it up.
    And lastly..the seller had another that looked similiar but it was an odd name??? [cant remember name...it was not dated ...also for $300...should that be bought?
    Enfield revolver info needed...

This is by far the easiest site to upload pics to.

Default Re: Enfield revolver info needed...

Not a rare weapon-yours isan Enfield No.2 Mk I*- has been modified to double action use only by removing the hammer spur-this was done to stop the gun getting caught on the interior of armoured vehicles and cocking itself with dangerous results-the brass disc is for unit/rack markings-US value is 100 to 300 dollars depending on condition.

PS Was the other revolver a 'Webley'?

Or a Webley-Fosbery or Webley-Kaufmann...?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

...or a Borchardt perhaps. Seriously, if you have no idea what it is don't buy it-do some online research first.

Now that I see the different names....It was a Fosbery...And its value? thanks

Quote by drunkenjack View Post
    Now that I see the different names....It was a Fosbery...And its value? thanks
    Unmessed with original calibre and not refinished, $6k+. Rare Bisley type or chromed finish a hell of a lot more.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

What would the original caliber be?

It's all out there on Google Jack....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley-...matic_Revolver

.38 or .455

Take some photos of it and post them here.

Your Enfield Revolver could be a Albion example looking at it. I've just bought this 1929 Mk1 number 42 but it cost me a little more than $300!

M3 hobby - that is a very clean little wheel gun -
    I have found the .38 Webley a little anemic, with examples always looking like they had been rattled around inside a tank for the duration of the war, but that is a lovely example, if I was going to have one, it would be in that condition.

Pit.