Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ernst Udet Pistol Sold on TV series "Auction hunters"

Article about: Gday all , In the final Series episode of auction hunters , it seems several engraved pistols were discovered in a storage shed , including Udets platinum plated pistol (reportedly) , Season

Default Ernst Udet Pistol Sold on TV series "Auction hunters"

Gday all ,
    In the final TV Series episode of auction hunters , it seems several pistols some fully engraved were discovered in a storage shed , including Udets platinum plated pistol (reportedly) owned by him in WW1 and into 1941 , Providence was researched also before it was sold to a collector for a nice sum . Thought you guys would be interested .

Ernst Udet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Season 5 episode 20

Edit , after a little searching I found the episode online , pistol segment starts at 15.40mins

Last edited by Australia; 05-12-2015 at 02:13 AM.

don't believe it myself.

They filmed the segment in the lounge room of the gent they sold it to , a few familiar faces were present whilst the deal was taking place , the collector who brought it looked to be a "seasoned collector" going on what he had displayed in the very large room . Lots of high end priced militaria ,

Pistols are not my expertise but I feel the collector was No mug either .

Well worth a watch just to see the Militaria ,

Did you watch it Harry ?

?

I wonder if one of those pistols is what he used to end his life???????

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I wonder if one of those pistols is what he used to end his life???????

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi phil , they claimed they had documents showing the silver pistol was in fact "the pistol he used to end his life , its worth a watch to see what you think on the items , and the background story

?

Thanks Australia. I will have to see if I can watch it when I get home as my Guberment computer won't let me watch it!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

no I did not see it. and still don't believe it.all them shows are false.

I agree with Harry!
    I have been in the antiques business for greatest part of my life, and it would take you a liftime with a filming crew to have those story's filmed.....
    You don't get that kind of luck every time you are out there checking a house, storage shed or what ever.
    I bought on two occasions militaria in a bar, one time it was a bomber jacket, second time it was a TR cap; that would have made great TV scenes, but the camera crew wasn't there........
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I would say the platinum pistol looks like a Haenel Schmeisser model 1, production started in 1922, which makes it hard to have been used in ww1. Udet did have a friendship with Schmeisser though.

Copied from wiki

"As the Nazis rose to power during 1933, ten weapons development enterprises in Suhl and Zella-Mehlis merged under the name of "United Suhl-Zella Mehlis Armament Makers". This central administration was used to coordinate production with the army's needs. This allowed Schmeisser to make a very important business acquaintance, which later developed to a friendship, with the aviator Ernst Udet, a deputy of Hermann Göring under Germany's Luftwaffe. Schmeisser had a direct role in military production decisions, often influencing the decisions of Adolf Hitler and Göring. After 1935 Haenel experienced an enormous upswing in weapon production. Against the desires of many engineers and technical designers, the Schmeisser brothers continued to enforce patent royalties and manage company funds."

As said by others though, Auction Hunters is a fake show with planted items.

yes I agree some of these auction shows are staged , the collector/buyer in this case did not look like a newbie mug . All I can say is to watch the episode to get a better picture/explanation then I can give .

It's worth a watch just to see some of his collection .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast