Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ernst Udet Pistol Sold on TV series "Auction hunters"

Article about: Gday all , In the final Series episode of auction hunters , it seems several engraved pistols were discovered in a storage shed , including Udets platinum plated pistol (reportedly) , Season

after a little searching I found the episode online , first post has been edited to show video

MAP
    ?

I must have been away on vacation when they used my house to film this episode...so now you've all seen the rest of my collection. Sorry for holding out on you guys!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Auction hunters is a crock like all the other "found items" shows .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'm pretty sure Udet wouldn't have owned a pistol like that during WWI and the pistol looks to be a 1930's design. By that time Udet had gained celebraty status and then power as Goring's Luftwaffe subordinate. That pistol was probably a gift from Göring, who in turn would not have had to pay for it! What a fantastic Pistol!

Posted without comment.

LOT #211 - 10PUG- 51 CG HAENEL ENG POCKET

"A notarized letter dated 11/2008 tells the story of this pistol which was obtained by Russel R. Rassmussen, American GI who served in the medical corps. After the war he was stationed on a lake in the Austrian alps, became friendly with a woman who had been a girlfriend of Udet. He supplied her with food and coal, and she gifted to him that she had obtained from Udet. The letter contains other family information and is signed by Jean Porter, daughter of Rasmussen."

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

So....begs the question...how did it wind up in the locker? Purchased at auction put away in storage and forgotten or planted...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I have watched this show and just shake my head. Every time they find a gun its a rare gun or expensive gun they never find the average peace of junk gun. wouldn't a pistol that would have to be registered have to be turned over to the Police or local Sheriff. Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    I have watched this show and just shake my head. Every time they find a gun its a rare gun or expensive gun they never find the average peace of junk gun. wouldn't a pistol that would have to be registered have to be turned over to the Police or local Sheriff. Gary
    The pistol in question had No serials at all , also the shows producer has stated many times that the show only puts to air there more better finds , they have been buying hundreds of storage lockers every year (they have a storage locker buying business and shop) most don't make it to TV . Unsure of the law in each state in the U.S. but I belive it differs with "collectable" firearms licensing , they also film and deal in Canada .

If the pistols were indeed planted for the show , where did they originally come from ?

very interesting .
    Last edited by Australia; 05-14-2015 at 05:45 AM.

?

The pistol is not in the antique class of pistols so it has to be registered In theUS . If it doesn't have a serial number it would have to be turned in or it would be an illegal hand gun .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast