Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ex Russian capture: k98

Article about: I have a few RC Mausers. My question is that.... would it be a good idea to strip off the black finish and re-blue it? to more of a correct blue that would look more like it would during the

Default Ex Russian capture: k98

I have a few RC Mausers. My question is that.... would it be a good idea to strip off the black finish and re-blue it? to more of a correct blue that would look more like it would during the war?

thanks
    franz

Default re: Ex Russian capture: k98

I would say to each his own, but I personally consider the Russian modifications to a part of the rifle's history. I am leaving my RC K98 as is.

The best way to spice up RC Mausers is to buy an original sling, cleaning rod, and sight hood for it. I have done that for mine as these parts are removable. But like I said, they are yours so do with them what you want. This is just my way of going about it.

I have done that some what... but my friend who is gun nut is saying to reblue it...... but i want more opinions.

thanks obkrieger for your input.

My take on things is the same as Mo's.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Ex Russian capture: k98

Thanks ade for your take to and also for the title change.

Franz

Default Re: Ex Russian capture: k98

I would leave them as is-you're not really reversing some civilian knuckheads 'bubbarizing' of a service weapon-many guns are modified/overhauled during their lives-my little French Berthier carbine has had at least 5 mods done between the wars as a standard type.