Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

exactly 100 years ago J.M.Browning received this pistol, and it was nearly scrapped

Article about: The FN one millionth handgun and John Moses Browning Initialy i have posted it on the attic and barn topic, i think this is the best place. As you all know, JM Browning worked together with

?

Quote by paco View Post

So, is there a wizzard outside who knows a legal way in to the US? C&R, exception regulation?
    Not the most desirable solution to tinker with such a historic collectable but if you REALLY want to get it imported to the US market, you might consider removing the original barrel and temporarily replace it with a custom fabricated extended barrel that would add another 6" in length (10" or so total?). It seems a longer barrel would give an overall length required to meet the "75 points" needed by BATF for import. Temporarily adding some target grips will help a bit too but not enough. The correct original parts could be replaced once it is in the US.

Note: This is similar to how some 'non-sporting' firearms like AK variants get imported with thumbhole stocks and other features to get past import restrictions only to have them replaced with the proper military looking features once in the US.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...apons/download

?

Interesting approach.

thx
    Quote by lima View Post
    Not the most desirable solution to tinker with such a historic collectable but if you REALLY want to get it imported to the US market, you might consider removing the original barrel and temporarily replace it with a custom fabricated extended barrel that would add another 6" in length (10" or so total?). It seems a longer barrel would give an overall length required to meet the "75 points" needed by BATF for import. Temporarily adding some target grips will help a bit too but not enough. The correct original parts could be replaced once it is in the US.

Note: This is similar to how some 'non-sporting' firearms like AK variants get imported with thumbhole stocks and other features to get past import restrictions only to have them replaced with the proper military looking features once in the US.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...apons/download

Browningarmscoll
    ?

If this is still available for sale to US I am a serious buyer and can help make the import happen. Please contact me as I am new to this forum and have limited access.

?

Sir,
    I think you need to wait untill you got full acces to this site.

Be advised that i'm negotiating with the FN Herstal factory. They. Are creating a new museum in there plant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2