Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Exotic Flintlock Rifle

Article about: Hello Friends, I am hoping you will be able to give me information on this rifle. I am interested in knowing its approx. age and origin, and anything else you may know about it. As always i

Default Exotic Flintlock Rifle

Hello Friends,

I am hoping you will be able to give me information on this rifle. I am interested in knowing its approx. age and origin,
    and anything else you may know about it. As always i look forward to your input, it is appreciated. Overall length is
    67.5 inches. I hope you enjoy and have a good day!

Mart

Exotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock RifleExotic Flintlock Rifle

I believe it is a North African flintlock rifle from sometime in the 19th century.

Thanks!

These are also known as Kabyle muskets. Here is a link with more information.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabyle_musket

?

That is one old firearm.... Nice !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I've seen rifles like this referred to as "Camel Guns" too, as they were often carried by the Bedouins. Some of these old guns look absolutely horrifying to have ever been shot. But, they were,indeed, used extensively. Better than throwing rocks, I suppose...but just about as dangerous to the shooter as the one being shot At! They do look great hanging on the wall! Nice and interesting find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Camel gun!Exotic Flintlock Rifle

I Like the camel's Fez...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."