Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Falklands - Argentine weapons

Article about: I thought i'd post some pictures that I took back in June 1982 of some of the weapons and equipment left behind on Port Stanley airfield. Weapons dump on the between Stanley and the airport

Quote by Logictox View Post
    The lanyard loop on the side of the hi power would lead me to think the hi power was Inglis made. Just a guess.
    I know it was 31 years ago but I'm 99% sure that they were stamped as being made in Argentina

Quote by rob1713 View Post
    I know it was 31 years ago but I'm 99% sure that they were stamped as being made in Argentina
    That's the FM then, Argentine copy of the FN.

?

The FM being the FN licensed clone made in Argentina by Fabrications Militaries, as opposed to the later Argy unlicensed FM 90 copy, which didnt have the lanyard.

Both 'Argentina' marked.

FM = Direccion General Fabrications Militaries

You could be correct. I know Argentina did build some police with the lanyard loop. I did however know that no pre-war Hi powers were made with the lanyard loop and the only ones made during WWII were inglis. I probably paid too much attention to the pre WWII holster comment.

Great pics, thank you - and very informative ref. the firearms/ordnance used - I am interested in any more pics you may have from this campaign - are they elsewhere on this forum or others?

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Great pics, thank you - and very informative ref. the firearms/ordnance used - I am interested in any more pics you may have from this campaign - are they elsewhere on this forum or others?
    I do have many photos of my time down South, these are the first that I've ever posted on any forum. Most of them are aircraft or ordnance related as I was an armourer in the RAF.
    We deployed south to support the RAF Harrier squadron by carrying out weapon preparation and storage, we also carried out some EOD activities on Port Stanley airfield to clear the areas that were to be used for Harrier operations prior to them coming ashore from the carriers.
    What is your main area of interest ?

I do have many photos of my time down South, these are the first that I've ever posted on any forum. Most of them are aircraft or ordnance related as I was an armourer in the RAF.
    We deployed south to support the RAF Harrier squadron by carrying out weapon preparation and storage, we also carried out some EOD activities on Port Stanley airfield to clear the areas that were to be used for Harrier operations prior to them coming ashore from the carriers.
    What is your main area of interest ?
    Well that's my interest!

I'm an ex 2nd Line Harrier Plumber myself, although GR7 rather than GR3. I did a tour down there in 2010 as part of 1435Flt, sadly the weather was that sxxt that I never even got off camp. Oh and the doors kept falling off the vehicles so couldn't be used.

I'd love to see some more if you would like to share but understand if you don't as could end up all over the net.

I would be interested in anything you had to show, sir.

My interest is primarily in the ground-war - but, I would be interested to see anything that isn't in the many books available on the subject.

I'll post some more soon when I get round to digging them out and scanning them. Until then this should keep you busy for the next few days if you haven't found the site already

Imágenes del conflicto de Malvinas < fotos > | Foros Zona Militar

Regards
    Rob

As a boy I remember staring at pictures of piles of weapons that grew up around Stanley (racecourse?) trying to identify stuff. That fed an interest in weapons that remains to this day.
    Some great, detailed photos - especially Browning; a type that was obviously near invisible in the classic 'distance shots' of captured weapons!

Thanks so much for posting them & (in advance) for any more you can upload!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast