Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Few Polish Firearms: How about yours?

Article about: Was talking to another member about Polish rifles and wondered if any one else shared this interest?These are my four Poles,the first was a scrubbed receiver,with a WWI German bolt,all match

Default A Few Polish Firearms: How about yours?

Was talking to another member about Polish rifles and wondered if any one else shared this interest?These are my four Poles,the first was a scrubbed receiver,with a WWI German bolt,all matching wood and metal,except the bolt.Most likely saw action in Spain.The one thing different was the bolt release,has a waffenamt,and the part number on it matches the rifle.Here are some photos of that rifle.Never knew there were Polish98s till a gun show a few of years ago,when a fellow was handling this rifle and explaining it to his friend.He set it down ,I picked it up,and started a new branch of collecting WWII arms.I do love this hobby!

Reg
    ?

Default re: A Few Polish Firearms: How about yours?

Some nice rifles there thanks Paddywonka, I havent seen one of these Polish K98 rifles in the UK before (thats not to say there arent any though) I remember seeing a pic of an SS soldier cleaning one supposedly during Kursk.

Cheers again
    Reg

Reg
    ?

Default Re: A Few Polish Firearms: How about yours?

Not the one I was refering to, but just saw this on another thread, SS using Polish rifles.

Cheers
    Reg
    Attached Images Attached Images A Few Polish Firearms: How about yours? 

3mk
    ?

Thanks Paddy your rifles are beautiful i wish i had one

Thanks, here is a WZ29 with calvary style bolt.The crest is Radom 1929.Was always interested in SS arms,but from what I am learning,these rifles and Czech handguns saw a lot of service in the earlier years of the SS.From what I have read the losses of small arms in Poland was higher than expected.That photo is one I have never seen before. Will try to post some of the ones I have in Wehrmacht service.
    Photos of a couple Polish bayonets I have.The blued one was reissued for German service,the one in the white may have been used as it came. Both have German scabbards and early dated frogs,that might well have been used in service together.

3mk
    ?

Beautiful

Here is a photo of German troops clearing something from the snow. Their rifles propped correctly in the snow.The distinctive Polish front sight protecters ,straight bolt handles and extended hangaurds can be seen.

A washed receiver wz29,most likely sold to Spain. All metal parts marked are matching,including bolt.Has Erma .22 caliber training device installed.

Very nice selection of Polish Small arms and accessories....BILL
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 05-27-2009 at 04:09 AM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks,Bill. The caption on this photo reads"Polish wz98 cavalry carbine being degreased ,well protected man preparing stored weapons for use"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast