Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

FG42 MkI and 2

Article about: Had a chance to visit a fantastic collection a few months ago. It contains examples of military firearms from all over the world, but these immediately caught my eye. I got to handle both of

Now there's a rare old beast! Something any collector would be phenomenally proud of. Truly outstanding!

B.B.

I know of the whereabouts of two deactivated examples in the Midlands. I think that they were up for sale at around £32,000

You are a lucky man. The FG42 being at the apex of desirability, even more so a fully functioning one not an emasculated euro display. A photo from possibly those hedgerows to give a bit of context..FG42 MkI and 2

That photo is of an E-type (check the bipod, it swings the opposite way on the G-Type), which of the seven FG42 patterns was the first to go into mass production, it is often called called the first model - it is from a series of training images.

I have only seen two wartime images of the G-type.

The Japanese Shoei replicas are well done, if anyone wants a cheaper alternative.

Last edited by pitfighter; 07-16-2018 at 12:24 PM.

" it is from a series of training images." The Bundesarchiv dates the photo 21 June 1944, location France. A likely propaganda photo to appear in German news or service publications showing readiness of the troops.

Yes - you're probably right - if it was a training image he would have folded up the sights, lol -
    He won't hit anything with them both folded down like that, they literally do not work that way!!!!!

Anderson - the whole photo series from Normandy, can be seen in this book, it is amongst a half dozen or so very good books on the FG42, and certainly worth buying if you are interested in this rifle, I buy every book I can find on whatever I collect.

The FG42
    Fallschirmjägergewehr
    Author(s): Guus de Vries
    Language(s): English Text
    Format: Hard cover with dust jacket, 9" x 9"
    Pages: 152 pages
    Photos: 220 illustrations
    Publisher: S.I.Publicaties BV, Holland
    ISBN: 9789078521051

?

Does anybody know where i can find a spare rear peepsight for the FG42.
    I work in the Ballistic lab in Brussels, we have a nice FG42 but missing some small parts of the sight...
    Trading stuff is an option...

Some small parts from my original were missing I used replacement parts from SSD (or BDD, Dietriech Sport System) - they dropped in perfectly.
    Feel free to DM me if you are unable to make contact with them.
    I do know where some original parts are, and try to keep a list of sites that have the occasional original part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2