Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally found an M38

Article about: ...although rather worryingly your M38 appears to have a large tree attached to it-perhaps a sniper modification?

Default Finally found an M38

Went to a gunshow this morning to look for a Tokarev, and ended up walking out with a 1943 Izhevsk M38 Carbine with a correct M38 stock, all matching, bore is a bit pitted but strong rifling. Only paid $200 which I thought was good. Hope to get it out to the range tomorrow. It's also got an X on the receiver that matches a RC K98 capture X mark, anybody know what it means?

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally found an M38   Finally found an M38  

Finally found an M38  

Default Re: Finally found an M38

Hi George,
    Nice find they are a good rilfe i have been told, i have one but 42 dated, but as you would know over here we can only have them as deac, which is a shame. look forward to hearing how it fires.
    Dave.

Nice !

Hi George, these are great fun to shoot, I have an M44 Carbine on UK firearms certificate as do a couple of other people in my shooting club, if you use ex Soviet military ammo you will get a very impressive flame out the front and a good kick in the shoulder but make sure you clean it well as that old ammo uses corrosive primers which will damage your barrel if left to long after a shoot, the carbines sell for around £150 to £180 here and I recently bought another M44 for £120 so they are cheap too, you got a good deal at $200, have fun with it.

Phil

Afraid I can't give you any info on the X stamping but take a look at

7.62x54r.net

?

The M38's are getting hard to find, nice pickup.

Nice Find!

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi George,
    Nice find they are a good rilfe i have been told, i have one but 42 dated, but as you would know over here we can only have them as deac, which is a shame. look forward to hearing how it fires.
    Dave.
    Not exactly right, as Lugerlout says, you can shoot one if you have a Fire Arms Certificate (just need a good reason & haven't been a naughty boy)!

?

very nice little rifle.

A good tok is a hard thing to find so you did good coming up with something else to spend your money on!
    A good Russian Tokarev TT-33 that hasn't been butchered with an added safety. Or maybe you were talking about a SVT-40 which have all dried up in the US after being restricted from import (I suspect there are plenty left in the Ukraine and Russia). But both of these are likely to drop you 3-5 times as much as you paid for your M-38. I think you did good!

Quote by meyerse View Post
    A good tok is a hard thing to find so you did good coming up with something else to spend your money on!
    A good Russian Tokarev TT-33 that hasn't been butchered with an added safety. Or maybe you were talking about a SVT-40 which have all dried up in the US after being restricted from import (I suspect there are plenty left in the Ukraine and Russia). But both of these are likely to drop you 3-5 times as much as you paid for your M-38. I think you did good!
    I was looking for a good Romanian Tokarev, but didn't see one. I wish the US Government would allow imports from Russia again, I did sctually see an SVT 40 but didn't bother to look at the price

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast