Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish Civil Guard M24 Lotta's rifle (?)

Article about: Hey all.....looking for some help here. MN's are not an area I'm strong with. I've come across this rifle. Have not seen it in hand which makes it difficult to identify but from what I can t

MAP
    ?

Default Finnish Civil Guard M24 Lotta's rifle (?)

Hey all.....looking for some help here. MN's are not an area I'm strong with.

I've come across this rifle. Have not seen it in hand which makes it difficult to identify but from what I can tell it appears to be a Mosin Nagant M91/24 for the Finnish Civil Guard. (NO IMPORT Marks)

Barrel maker is SIG and is stepped near the front sight making it towards the later run of replacements (1924 thru 1928) as the first 3,000 had no step.

From what I've read, they more collectable given that there were for the Civil guard and originally only 10k or so M24's bear these marks

Is that correct?

The asking price is $300 but not firm. Any thoughts?

Will probably pick this up to replace a fairly battered Russian M91 I have with the East German marks.

Any and all comments welcome.

Michael

Finnish Civil Guard M24 Lotta's rifle (?)Finnish Civil Guard M24 Lotta's rifle (?)Finnish Civil Guard M24 Lotta's rifle (?)Finnish Civil Guard M24 Lotta's rifle (?)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice Finnish Civil guard marked rifle and $300 i think is a good price

Nice looking rifle!...

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys. Don't know much about these. Researched other threads and the web. Lots of info but still feel like I'm missing some things.

I only have one Mosin in my collection and it's pretty crappy and needs some TLC. So figured this would be a good replacement. All I really need now is a french Lebel. And would then have at least one battle rifle from all major countries in each theater.

Anyone have any idea of rarity?

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

like it.

I think 300 is okay for it. They aren't on every corner for sure.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Nathan362 View Post
    I think 300 is okay for it. They aren't on every corner for sure.
    Thanks Nathan. ..that was my gut. Fair price but not a steal.

Would love some views from our Finnish friends....maybe should have posted in that forum instead of here.

Michael

MAP
    ?

Thanks Lithgow. Add's to my understanding. I was using this site.

THE M91/24 CIVIL GUARD RIFLE AND CARBINE

Regards,

Michael

You dont see this rifle in Finland so much these days most were sold some years ago , i would buy it if i lived in the US as they are getting hard to find and it has real history

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast