Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fire arm blueing

Article about: by HARRY THE MOLE You can't blue aluminium anyway. Bluing is a chemical reaction causing ferrous-metal to rust. The best you can do is spray the metal with matt-black paint and then buff wit

Default Re: Fire arm blueing

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    You can't blue aluminium anyway. Bluing is a chemical reaction causing ferrous-metal to rust. The best you can do is spray the metal with matt-black paint and then buff with a cloth to a sheen.
    That's the answer i want. But on the mp 40 they used the original housing and pressed aluminum into the chamber making it possible to still re-blue it. On the mg34 i'll have to repaint like you suggested. I can also have the aluminum anadized by my metal guy to come close.

If i can take the time i have to resize my photo's so they display.

rgds, Tyrone

?

Have you ever tried grate blacking polish, used to blacken fire grates, agas and oven ranges, once rubbed down and hardened it looks like a nice dark but translucent blue very close to gun blueing, and will work on all metals, why not give it a go on a small area first and see if it gives you the result your looking for, if not youve lost nothing except a couple of dollars.

That's also a very good suggestion. Your quite right i have really nothing to lose but a few $.

rgds, Tyrone

?

What we are talking about here is guns that are deactivated, ( totally screwed up ) they are paper weights and nothing more, so why not have nice looking paper weights rather than beat up looking ones ?

Baked on duplicolor is the nearest paint finish you will get to bluing. I have finished many guns using duplicolor and have been asked if I do my bluing in house.

BTW Patina is rust. If you have guns with patina you have rusty guns
    Last edited by Mick; 07-12-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2