Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

First rifle of 2011

Article about: It was right on the receiver. I think it depends on where yours was manufactured, though. Some have dates and some don't.

Default Re: First rifle of 2011

A great Mannlicher Carcano :-) i know what you mean with the kickback, my Mannlicher Berthier uses the 8x56r Lebel, and it kicks like a mule. but fun to shoot :-)

Hello Berthier 92-carbine is an M95 Mannlicher made for the Austro Hungarian Army-the Carcano was the weapon of the Italian army 1891-1945 in 6.5mm x 52 or 7.35mm x 53 in the late 1930s-different weapons apart from both using the Mannlicher clip feed magazine system.

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    I only had 10 rounds so I shot 5 and my dad shot the other 5. My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore, We were shooting at 100 yards and I was hitting high to the left. I'm gonna get some more ammo and sight it in more and play around with the sights. My Dad never wants to shoot this rifle again due to the recoil..LOL.
    From who do you buy your ammunition? its kind of difficult finding the right rounds in New Zealand, from what company does your dad buy the right rounds from. and does he use modern powder grade or period powder grade?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Hello Berthier 92-carbine is an M95 Mannlicher made for the Austro Hungarian Army-the Carcano was the weapon of the Italian army 1891-1945 in 6.5mm x 52 or 7.35mm x 53 in the late 1930s-different weapons apart from both using the Mannlicher clip feed magazine system.

Appologies, of course your right, the Italian Mannlicher Carcano has a much smaller calibre. and less ammunition then an M95

Quote by Berthier92 View Post
    From who do you buy your ammunition? its kind of difficult finding the right rounds in New Zealand, from what company does your dad buy the right rounds from. and does he use modern powder grade or period powder grade?

I haven't bought any ammo for this rifle again but I bought the 10 rounds at a gunshow for 20$. I will probably be shooting newer ammo through this but Nazi marked ammo is somewhat common here in the U.S. If you have a any gun stores in NZ that sells prvi partizan ask if they carry the 8x56R. or see if they can do a special order for some. Good luck

I've looked at Prvi Partizan, and yes, they do sell them :-), thank you

Richard

No problem, Let me know how the search goes

It's easy to tell if yours was one of the reworked M95's. The ones that were rechambered to 8x56r have an "S" stamped on the receiver.

I have one, dated 1919, but the poor thing is shot out. It's pretty much a display piece now.

I could never find a date on mine, You could rechamber it to 7.62x54r with a barrel insert if anyone makes those

Was at a range late last year where some one had a 'Russian' 7.62mm conversion-it seemed to work well-all of the other M95s I've seen here are in 8 x 56r including my own shortened long rifle carbine-no visible production date on the weapon which is unusual for a military type-ObKreiger was the year under the woodwork?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast