Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Flammenwerfer restoration project

Article about: Very nice car. I have found that flamethrower and artillery piece restoration is nothing compared to vehicles. Good luck. Have some boys. It really does help on vehicle restoration. Of cours

Tandiscum
    ?

Default Re: Flammenwerfer restoration project

Dear Copdock,
    I visit the Public Record office infrequently, but i could get a scan of the Allied report for you. Regarding your comment about a needle valve, you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. During normal, untilted use the gases would be cooled through having to pass through the fuel.
    In haste.

?

Quote by Tandiscum View Post
    Dear Copdock,
    I visit the Public Record office infrequently, but i could get a scan of the Allied report for you. Regarding your comment about a needle valve, you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. During normal, untilted use the gases would be cooled through having to pass through the fuel.
    In haste.
    I tried to send you an email. I would like to see a copy if you can get one.
    Doc

Its really nice, A+................ Whats that thing weight empty and full. In pounds PLEASE.

?

Hi. I have taken some more pictures of the Flammenwerfer outside in natural light, showing how it should be carried on the back.

?

I will get some more pictures taken, wich show the mechanism in detail for you.

?

As of this year, I have just started on collecting parts and getting ready to restore another Flammenwerfer 41, this time with the first type of "Strahlröhr" wich is ignited by a pilot flame, provided by a small hydrogen tank on the Strahlröhr.

?

I just got the little Hydrogen tank for the Strahlröhr a week ago. I have taken detailed pictures of the mechanism in the Strahlröhr, wich is surprizingly complicated.

?

Here are the last pictures for now. they are showing the mechanism in the Strahlröhr.
    It actually looks like that the mechanism has an electrical ignition system, for igniting the pilot flame. There is a electrical wire that goes from (what I belive is) a electric impuls generator to the muzzle, where the Hydrogen gas is led by a thin copper tube.
    This type of Strahlröhr is te same type as used on the earlier Reichswehr type of flamethrowers (Kleiner Flammenwerfer) wich many refer to as the Flammenwerfer 34. The only difference is that the hydrogen tanks are carried on the back, instead of being mounted directly on the Strahlröhr on the earlier versions.

Good effort mate!

If I turn anything up 'sausage side' I will let you know.

A friend in Brauschweig (spelling not correct) once found the rubber suit for the troops using the weapon system. That was along time ago and it was lost on me at the time (thinking of Beer etc). I thought nothing of it, I wish now I had bought it.

Still nice to see your efforts restoring a rare bit of kit, Thanks for posting!!

Strelok
    ?

WOW very cool! You guys in Europe have all the fun!

Regards, Kris

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast