Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

FN L1A1 rifle

Article about: by m3bobby The .303 Bren mag wont fit the No.4, no where near. The L4A2/3/4 (Not the L4A1) was designed to have an interchangable mag with the L1A1 hence why you can swap the 2. And because

Default Re: FN L1A1 rifle

I have a similar rifle and quite enjoy shooting it, but have to admit that my bolt-actions are more accurate!

FN L1A1 rifle

?

Hey Terry a fine looking rifle you have there as to accuracy I suppose that would depend on what you are shooting for a bolt action rifle I found the Canadian C1 very accurate dependent on yardage and repetitive fire tech-nick any thing over a three round burst on semi auto and they do tend to climb of target hence it is hard to keep a decent grouping.

Regards Mark K

?

Mark thanks for all that info I've learnt something new there...I have used the Diemaco for a number of years..in Iraq & Afghan. Its only let me down once so I am impressed by that weapon system..Yes no way as powerful as the L1A1,but a lot smaller & you bolt on thousands of attachments..the Surpressor being my favs..confusion rains when that is used lol....So thanks again for the info all stored away in my memory bank...

Terry good name to start of with....lol. & the rifle looks pretty damn good too...Cheers Terry.

That's a sweet looking rifle, I was always trying to find a way to shoot one,(we worked with the Brits everyday) but the powers that be decided that we didn't need to familarize ourselves with our allies weapns as we ddin't use them everyday. So I missed out on the GPMG and the Sterling too. Parts kits are alot harder to find now days, so I spose I'll never get the chance.

I also have these sights in my collection. I've tried out the Trilux sight, but until I can find a shooting range which is open at night will have to keep the PVS-2 on the shelf!

FN L1A1 rifle

Hi Terry,
    thanks for putting that on mate, that brought back some memories, my old issue rilfe had the wood furniture i loved it that way, i also remember Brecon in the rain lol. Many weeks spent up there, i would like to get an S.l.R for my collection i done really know why they are so expensive at the moment,
    Dave.

Hi Dave,

Good to know that my post brought back the good old days! Perhaps these two woodies will make you even happier - an Indian 1A1 and a British L1A1 dated 1960. I did my first training with a No.4 before being issued with an R1.

TerryLee

FN L1A1 rifle

Hi Terry,
    I used to run the Company arms Co, and my old girl was No 5, in the rack, i often wonder what happend to all those rifles, either sent to different countries or mothballed, we will never know. I have 3 No 4,s and two No 1 mk111, in my collection + others, but still want to get the L1A1, thanks for putting them up.
    Dave.

Great weapon and far better than that sa80 popgun, but that's just my opinion!...

Dave,

Both the first L1A1 and the 1A1 came from Zimbabwe. I understand that the L1A1 was one of a batch that the Uk kindly donated to the Zim Parks Board after refurbishing!
    TerryLee

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast