Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

FN L1A1 rifle

Article about: by m3bobby The .303 Bren mag wont fit the No.4, no where near. The L4A2/3/4 (Not the L4A1) was designed to have an interchangable mag with the L1A1 hence why you can swap the 2. And because

Default Re: FN L1A1 rifle

Thanks!
    I tested also some surplus ammo - group was slightly larger, but it holds still 10 at 100m.... Almost a DMR?
    current configuration, except scope rings (now i have quick detachable Warne rings)
    FN L1A1 rifle
    Cheers, Robert.

?

So I take it Robert..that is a civvie sight on board?? I don't think I have seen a sight like that in Military circles??..Looks good mind.. CheersTerry.

Yes, civilian scope and a DSA scope mount. SUIT will come sometime in the future. Now I have no more money - I've "wasted" it recently when i bought a Webley MKVI.

?

Robert sounds like a good waste of money lol...You can never wast money on guns!! lol If they fire it's even better..good going.. get saving again..lol. Cheers mate....Terry.

?

Now you have got me really jealous Terry!

Is it old or new style deact Terry?

You have got a lovely rifle there mate, and great that you got all the "bits" with it as well. (I've still got my old SLR cleaning kit and foresight guard tucked away in a box)
    There are only two deact's that I want to get my grubby paws on, an L7 GPMG and SF set up and an L1 SLR, both preferably old style deact's, unfortunately both are currently out of range pricewise - just been informed that when I get back to work after long term sick, my, already short, part-time hours are being cut by 4hours!

Have fun with it

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Ian have a look at Holts Auctions..they have a GPMG for sale..in light role..around 1000 to 2000 pounds thats the price range.I know that ain't going to help at all...We need to win the lottery?? I have so much to buy but not enough money??...I hope your hours improve somewhat?? Good luck there.. Cheers Terry. Oh the rifle is new spec which is pretty pants but thats how it goes now days...I haven't seen any of this stuff until I get home...like a mini Christmas... Cheers Terry.

Here's a picture of me (on the left) stood next to a pig. No, not the other bloke - the Humber behind us. This picture was taken in Andersonstown in 1971. Note the use (by me) of the Bren magazine. The woodwork was taped up to stop it rattling, and a shell-dressing was taped to the butt to make it readily available if needed. We tried to make ourselves look like hard nuts by wearing our flack-jackets underneath our combat jackets.

FN L1A1 rifle

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Here's a picture of me (on the left) stood next to a pig. No, not the other bloke - the Humber behind us. This picture was taken in Andersonstown in 1971. Note the use (by me) of the Bren magazine. The woodwork was taped up to stop it rattling, and a shell-dressing was taped to the butt to make it readily available if needed. We tried to make ourselves look like hard nuts by wearing our flack-jackets underneath our combat jackets.

FN L1A1 rifle
    Great stuff Steve, i didn't realise you could use a bren mag in an SLR!...

?

Nice photo Harry..I did have the pleasure "if that is the right word?" to grab a ride in a pig..lol..& as for 1971 I was only 1 lol...Andersontown??? I'm trying too think?? I was in West Belfast??..1993..I'm sure I had to go to an incident In Andy town...I think some RUC cars were whacked by a direct mortar!! So long ago...But still a good photo.. Harry cheers for sharing..Terry.

?

Yeah Paul I never done it myself??? But it was a Falklands thing too thats where I found out about it?? When I used read my Falklands magzines...back in 82!!!....No expert ...I was only 12 when that was on lol.. Cheers Terry.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast