Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

found mp40

Article about: hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roo

french
    ?

Default found mp40

hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roof,
    is it of any value and what should I do with it.its rusty and the moving parts are not moving.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found mp40  

Default Re: found mp40

French,

Very nice find, everything has a value in this field, I don't know what but I'm sure you'll get some offers. If you are able to try to ensure the weapon is safe, despite its condition it could be dangerous.

Good Luck!

Jock

Judas
    ?

Well that is an amazing find my friend, & thanks for showing us!
    Firstly, I am sure that somebody will pay you fairly good money for it as it is, secondly I think you should send it to me and let me look after it for you lol

Quote by french View Post
    hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roof,
    is it of any value and what should I do with it.its rusty and the moving parts are not moving.
    I'm sorry but it is not worth anything, Its just a pile of rust. I will have to come over and relieve you of it

THAT IS THE ONLY GROUND DUG GERMAN WEAPON I HAVE MISSING FROM MY COLLECTION

honestly, it is a beauty,

If you really want to know how to restore it, PM me.
    That, to me, is the find of the year

?

It could still have one up the spout and a full mag !! but a lovely find nonetheless , value wise it will depend how good it is when it gets cleaned up.

I have seen a similar one in Estonia and and would love to get it over to the UK but it's not going to happen
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    I have seen a similar one in Estonia and and would love to get it over to the UK but it's not going to happen
    Paul, never say that my friend. I could get it over, for a price, and legal. You see its not what you know, but who you know

?

Sounds interesting John , i only saw it again a week ago so the guys still have it , it's not as good as thios one as it's Bunker dug but not in bad nick, pm or mail we and we'll discuss it
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

very nice find, I wish I had one
    u should check if there is any rounds in the chamber or magazine, I bought relic mauser once, and on later inspection I realised there a live round breach but its all safe now

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    very nice find, I wish I had one
    u should check if there is any rounds in the chamber or magazine, I bought relic mauser once, and on later inspection I realised there a live round breach but its all safe now
    Personally I wouldn't touch it. If as he says, the parts are rusty, then its probably safer to leave it alone. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. One up the spout won't hurt, unless its cocked, safety off, and you start playing with it, Then.................duck!

If anyone remembers my thread a while back "Best find ever, probably" That one had one up the spout.

very nice i like it very much

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast