Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

found mp40

Article about: hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roo

Default Re: found mp40

Hi French, interesting find! Thanks for showing it. But bear in mind the laws in France, which I am sure would require this to be deactivated.

Cheers, Ade.

french
    ?

hi, the magazine is empty as it was next to the gun when I found it, as for one up the spout, I would not know, this is all new to me.

french
    ?

I am not interested in keeping the gun, I would rather get some money to renovate my house. although I would like to find out the history of it.

?

Thumbs up Re: found mp40

So what year is stamped on it .

I'm not sure about your laws, but you would pay 10-15K for a transferable one here and thats the tube guns.Originals even more depending upon condition. Even parts kits go for over 1K NOW!!!
    If it was found here, It would be have to be handed over an destroyed

Now that would bring a tear to my eye
    But still
    MAN OH MAN
    I wish I could find those in the attic!!!!!!
    The story it must have????????????Somebody was hiding it, What happened to it original owner...........................

French,

The gun should be safe if the magazine was not fitted, it has a fixed firring pin so chamber should be empty, only the posiblity of a missfired cart in there and that is unlikely.

Jock

You need to take expert local advice on this. Selling this could potentially land you with a very hefty fine plus jail time.

Live SMG's are not legal in France. First, ensure it is not loaded and then get it deactivated. Then finally sell it.

Cheers, Ade.

french
    ?

thanks for your advice, I have been a bit worried the legal side of owning it.

french
    ?

how do I get it deactivated.

You need advice from a member in France. I am in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.

OKW
    ?

Depending where you are, if a small village i'd speak to the locals regarding the house/barns history any resistance connection etc. If its a small place i might approach the local gendarme, suitably equiped with conac, and put hypothetical situation to them. Failing that make some enquiries with the local hunters group, theres bound to be one, and again sound them out about decommissioning this weapon. I'd also put it somewhere safe where it couldn't be found as a result of a search.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast