Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

found mp40

Article about: hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roo

Default Re: found mp40

Note to self, must buy a nice barn to convert in France, preferable near an old battle field. That is an amazing find, it is astonishing what is still out there even after all these years, thanks for showing
    Ben

?

great find , can you put on some close up photos ?

cheers Al

Quote by OKW View Post
    Depending where you are, if a small village i'd speak to the locals regarding the house/barns history any resistance connection etc. If its a small place i might approach the local gendarme, suitably equiped with conac, and put hypothetical situation to them. Failing that make some enquiries with the local hunters group, theres bound to be one, and again sound them out about decommissioning this weapon. I'd also put it somewhere safe where it couldn't be found as a result of a search.
    mmmmmmmm I'd be very careful about hiding it where it can't be found. In my experience if you hide something and its found, The people searching tend to get a bit upset But if it is, say resting against a wall, then it is deemed as you not trying to hide anything JMO of course

Still a VERY nice piece to have. Actually nice is not the word.....

Incroyable ! c est une piece magnifique ; meme si elle est rouillé , je te conseille de prendre des photos de l endroit exact ou tu l a trouvé !( pour celui qui va l acheté ) Comme dit Adrian un mp40 live est interdit en France , si tu va voir la police , je crois qu il vont le récupéré

Bonne chance !

Pierre

Remove the bakelite parts soak it in oil then in solvent to remove oil and residue.Dry it well then rub down with powdered graphite.That might bring back some tone.A reinactor might give you $300.00 for it.
    Thanks for showing it

?

I agree with Ade: every country has its regulations on deactivation. "Rusty and parts no moving" doesn't mean deactived. You cannot immagine what a bath in white petrol does to rusty guns. You could find yourself in big trouble, since it's a full auto weapon.
    Besides that,nice find! It's everybody's dream I guess to have suck a struck of luck

Quote by french View Post
    hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roof,
    is it of any value and what should I do with it.its rusty and the moving parts are not moving.
    This seems to be becoming a habit, found my Mannlicher Berthier rifle also in a loft (under the insulation) in an old Powerstation (built in 1918) which my family was renovating into a home, perhaps the resistance was using the one you own, were there bullets in the clip?

This is an amazing find, well done!

Can you make out any markings on it? Can you match any part to another?

Email these guys

St-Etienne's National Test Facility

They are the French equivalent of our proof houses. They are a government establishment so bear that in mind when you email them. I'd be vague to not drop your self in it, but ask what needs to be done and who can do it. You may find a cheap grinder and a welder is all you need (Or a friend / engineer etc.)

Quote by french View Post
    hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roof,
    is it of any value and what should I do with it.its rusty and the moving parts are not moving.
    i like to buy this one, send me a pm and we will see if there is a way

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast