Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

A free Japanese rifle...

Article about: Forgot to ask about the sword. Anymore info on that concerning country of origin? Looks really nice.

Default Re: A free Japanese rifle...

Hope he finds that Japanese sword Joe. I read an article years back concerning their tedious manufacture. I can't wait to hear and hopefully see this piece of militaria. i am sure they are worth plenty. Hope you get it. Best Wishes.

Thanks! I'm hoping to see the woodworker this coming week as that's when I'm expecting the parts to I need for him to work on my rifle and bayonet to arrive. FINGERS CROSSED!

Just an update, folks.

The woodworker and I spoke today. I had originally told him that I would be meeting him sometime this week but couldn't so he was calling to confirm. Unfortunately, the replacement wooden buttplate I ordered hasn't arrived yet.

The woodworker seems really excited to work on my rifle and bayonet!

He brought up the sword in his barn. He says: "You know, I've decided I need to find a good home for the sword. The leather on the scabbard is falling off and it's just rotting away in that barn... But I'll say! That thing is SHARP! They used to lop heads off with them! Lop lop lop! I'll take it out of the barn and bring it in for you."

I don't mean to be putting the cart before the horse... but I'm pretty optimistic that I'll be ending up with a new sword in my collection!

Your woodworker sounds bonkers, but in the best possible way!

Tom

Pretty lucky getting a free rifle and the sword to boot. Hope the swords blade is in decent shape as they are pretty rare and expensive when they can be found. Hope we can all see it soon.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Pretty lucky getting a free rifle and the sword to boot. Hope the swords blade is in decent shape as they are pretty rare and expensive when they can be found. Hope we can all see it soon.
    and a free bayonet, too!

I just purchased ammo to test fire this rifle hopefully later this coming week. Pricey... $1.50 per round.

Not surprised at the price of the ammo. Any center fire caliber is getting ridiculous. What brand of ammo did you buy for it. My friend bought Norma 7.7 rounds for his way back then. The gun was cheaper than the ammo back then. He paid $25 for it back in 72. And yes sorry to say he had it sporterized. Best Wishes.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Not surprised at the price of the ammo. Any center fire caliber is getting ridiculous. What brand of ammo did you buy for it. My friend bought Norma 7.7 rounds for his way back then. The gun was cheaper than the ammo back then. He paid $25 for it back in 72. And yes sorry to say he had it sporterized. Best Wishes.
    The ammo was $30 per box of 20rnds...

Idk if the ammo is a name brand or not... It says: Obsolete Ammo.
    A free Japanese rifle...

Glad to see you scored some. Thats about the going rate as I know Remington is asking close to that for 8MM Mauser ammo. Surplus ammo sometimes available but is often corrosive primed. Just give it a good cleaning if you use corrosive primed ammo. Best wishes and congradulations.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast