Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

A free Japanese rifle...

Article about: Forgot to ask about the sword. Anymore info on that concerning country of origin? Looks really nice.

Default Re: A free Japanese rifle...

Prices like that boggle the mind. With prices like that your gun should be worth $5000.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Prices like that boggle the mind. With prices like that your gun should be worth $5000.
    If only... I wish! With Arisakas especially, the entire rifle is not worth the sum of its parts.

Complete, run-of-the-mill Arisakas are worth $2-300. More if it has an intact chrysanthemum and accessories and is all matching.

With that being said, spare parts are rare. There are differences between most parts from series to series... So finding the correct barrel band or stock, etc. is tough. Beyond that, finding a monopod, AA sight, dust cover, slings, etc. often takes a lot of effort and dealers can charge whatever they want!

I'd have gone with a repro sling too - No way would
    I'd pay $400 for one.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hopefully collector interest will increase with Arisakas. Seems to be great interest in Kar98s and Mosins. Still hold onto it and good luck.

Of course I'll hold onto it!

Lookin forward to that range report Gizmo. Bet you can find 7.7 Jap. ammo easier than most centerfire ammo these days. Run on ammo and reloading supplies is crazy. Anyway best of luck with that war trophy.

Nice rifle there! The kind of prices we pay over here in the UK you wouldn't believe. Anyway happy shooting

Thanks for the kind words!

I hope to have this rifle back in my possession (and maybe a free sword, too!) early this week. I have ammo ready to go... !

Still waiting... Patience is not a virtue of mine!

I just spoke to the wood worker. The rifle will be done tomorrow and the bayonet will be done over the weekend. He said he knows I'll appreciate the sword, so It's mine! I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse here... but... VERY EXCITED!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast