Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Free Syrian Army captures 5000 STG44s

Article about: by Datrus The Russian equivalent to the 5.56 is the 5.45x39 known as "the poison" bullet if that is what you mean Krad. These should fire the "Kurz" right?? Regards, Lars

Default Free Syrian Army captures 5000 STG44s

Bloody hell!

I wonder what will happen to them

http://www.armoryblog.com/firearms/r...Armory+Blog%29
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Free Syrian Army captures 5000 STG44s

I am praying that RYTON ARMS gets hold of them and sells them for £400 each (or less)!

Chriiiiiiist

Well they won't be able to use them unless they have been rechambered for 7.62, so chances are they will be dumped somewhere as dead weight. I wonder what the hell they are doing in Syria in the first place.

by the way, they probably found 400 or 500 rather than 5000. Arabs tend to overestimate numbers massively, a good rule is divide by ten.

British officer: "how many Taliban are in this area?"

Afghan civvy: "1000, 2000"

British officer: " k thx"

?

that makes me want to cry lol

Would have been supplied by the East Germans at some stage many years ago and consigned to emergency war stocks-the Syrians were also last operators of the Panzer MkIV J model in the mid 1960s-many StG44s turned up in the horn of Africa in the 70s-wouldn't be a surprise to see some smuggled out to make quick cash for more modern arms-have seen footage of rebels with FN FALs and a Steyr F88 although getting 5.56mm ammo would not be easy.

O please allow those to fall in the hands of collectors!!...

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Would have been supplied by the East Germans at some stage many years ago and consigned to emergency war stocks-the Syrians were also last operators of the Panzer MkIV J model in the mid 1960s-many StG44s turned up in the horn of Africa in the 70s-wouldn't be a surprise to see some smuggled out to make quick cash for more modern arms-have seen footage of rebels with FN FALs and a Steyr F88 although getting 5.56mm ammo would not be easy.
    That's a good point, I remember now about them using Pz4's in the 6 day war, as static emplaced border defence if I remember. I love the idea of these old things soldiering on for decades. Is there no Russian made equivalent of 5.56 that would work in those weapons? I know shootin' Putin is a friend of the Syrians.

?

Thats amazing,I agree with Mr Krad..about the locals!! I work with them..lol......mental.. Cheers Terry.

Please, let one come my way, lol.
    Hope nothing bad happens to them and be saved for their historic value.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    That's a good point, I remember now about them using Pz4's in the 6 day war, as static emplaced border defence if I remember. I love the idea of these old things soldiering on for decades. Is there no Russian made equivalent of 5.56 that would work in those weapons? I know shootin' Putin is a friend of the Syrians.
    The Russian equivalent to the 5.56 is the 5.45x39 known as "the poison" bullet if that is what you mean Krad. These should fire the "Kurz" right??

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast