MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Free Syrian Army captures 5000 STG44s

Article about: by Datrus The Russian equivalent to the 5.56 is the 5.45x39 known as "the poison" bullet if that is what you mean Krad. These should fire the "Kurz" right?? Regards, Lars

Default Re: Free Syrian Army captures 5000 STG44s

Quote by Datrus View Post
    The Russian equivalent to the 5.56 is the 5.45x39 known as "the poison" bullet if that is what you mean Krad. These should fire the "Kurz" right??

Regards, Lars
    Yep 7.92 kurz for the stg's, but lithgow mentioned that 5.56 weapons had been used by the rebels too.

?

Unbelievable!!!

?

Oh yes Krad, but those must be the weapons that the Americans supply with the help of CIA, Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. The "FSA" also uses AK47/74 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, Dragunovs, Colt 1911's and whole lot of other weapons. Black dealers must have a feast in Syria these days.

Regards, Lars

I'm sure there are hundreds of these stockpiles still undiscovered all over the world. The Allies captured tons of weapons, and probably sold or traded large quantities of them after the war to many countries. I'm not surprised these were found. After all, haven't many of these stockpiles been discovered over the years?

Corey

Can only dream of having one of these in Australia. All illegal imports de-activated or not, I'm afraid.

The East Germans used the '44s for many years after the war along with much other ex Nazi stuff-they made the 'kurtz' ammo for them-many Soviet 3rd World allies had non standard (ie not 7.62 x 39mm) weapons off loaded to them before getting AK47/AKM then AK74 rifles over the years.

I strongly beleive these are ex East German reserves: note the blued bolts which is typical. My own MP44 is ex DDR.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

OMG! I know some kit builders who would nearly kill for some of these in kit form.

Basically, that means all of the components less barrel and receiver (lower, in this case). We can build legal semi-auto AKs and Thompsons and stens, DP28s, RPKs, and other guns here with certain requirements being met-barrel length, US parts content, semi-auto configuration, etc...

It's not an impossible thing to design a semi-auto lower for these guns. I know builders who are putting together Thompson kits in the same way. New barrels could be turned for the STG-44 and chambered in 7.62x39 (these run $115 or $120 here for an AK profile) and viola! New life in an old rifle!

Would no longer be an MP44 though-you would be better off just completely fabricating a replica like the .22 cal ones than butchering original examples (if available, that is...).

Ooh can I have one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast