Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

French MAS Mle 1936 Rifle with 2 kill notches

Article about: So i have some random old guns in my family from all over the world. My grandfather served in the Army during WWII in Europe and my Uncle served in Vietnam. Between those two we have had som

CarterD11
    ?

Default French MAS Mle 1936 Rifle with 2 kill notches

So i have some random old guns in my family from all over the world. My grandfather served in the Army during WWII in Europe and my Uncle served in Vietnam. Between those two we have had some interesting guns passes along our family. one of them is a French MAS 1936. It was very easy to find information on this gun and I see they are not worth too much money and ours is in very rough shape, it is obvious it was used in battle and has been "around the block" as they say. I am not worried about value or selling but what i must know are about the 2 notches on the stock. I have no pictures on my computer of them but if someone responds ill gladly upload some. the best way i can describe it is a cross with a hook coming off the bottom right side. it almost looks like its Persian or something. Ive read up about how some of these rifles were taking by NVA soldiers in Vietnam and also how they were used in numerous wars and conflicts. I was hoping SOMEONE would be able to respond back and maybe tell me if they have heard of these notches or want the pictures to help them out. someone please respond and help me!!!

Default Re: French MAS Mle 1936 Rifle with 2 kill notches

Posting picture's really would be a help so that members can see what you are trying to describe. What makes you think they are 'kill' notches?