Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?   Name: Mlle.92 and holster 001.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 54.9 KB  ID: 804961 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> I purchased this rig CHEAP many ye

Default French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster

French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster

I purchased this rig CHEAP many years at a local gun show back when I was interested in French militaria, though my area of interest was MUCH earlier than this. I'd put it away until fairly recently after rekindling my interest in WWII German militaria, when something clicked regarding the very strange holster - it's made from a cut-down German map case! One of the straps for the belt loops remains in place, but the other has obviously been moved; the pistol never fit very well in this ersatz "holster" but it was probably fairly functional.

Here are pictures of a map case I later I bought on Fleabay; the site listing photos are shown with one I took after I got it along with some of my maps. Since the Mlle. 92 was used throughout the Grand Guerrre and into WWII, It makes me wonder if this was a German "capture", or maybe saw service in the hands of the dreaded Maquis!?

French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster French Mlle. 1892 Service Revolver and Ersatz Holster

thank you James,you have just identified a relic revolver I have from WW1,I knew it was French that's all.it was dug up in the Kemmelburg area Belgium.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    thank you James,you have just identified a relic revolver I have from WW1,I knew it was French that's all.it was dug up in the Kemmelburg area Belgium.
    Hi, Harry! Mine is dated 1914 on the barrel, so it's definitely WWI vintage. It shoots nicely, but the ammunition for it is very expensive, so I probably won't be shooting it anymore. The design is very interesting - if you unscrew the large screw at the spur on the backstrap ( it won't come out, so it can't get lost ), the frame opens up in a "butterfly" fashion, exposing the internal springs. Although they were replaced by an automatic pistol by WWII, they were still carried as a service arm in the French army. I'd LOVE to know where this one was post-1940 to get its odd "holster"!