Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?

Article about: these will be coming up to auction near me this weekend and I was wondering if they are worth bidding on and what they are worth. they have a 4 groove (square shoulders) barrel one looks to

Default French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?

these will be coming up to auction near me this weekend and I was wondering if they are worth bidding on and what they are worth. they have a 4 groove (square shoulders) barrel one looks to have originally been a flintlock converted to percussion as it has the usual breech/ lock plate filler for conversion. They appear to be marked Mle 1842 C bis both made at St. Etienne. both with matching nos. the older conversion has a cracked grip but it is still solid.

French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?

thanks for any and all info

Matt

Default Re: French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?

Correction. It is a French Mle 1822 cavalry percussion pistol. Anyone got an idea of value?

Matt

Default Re: French percussion pistols. what are they and what are they worth?

These look like two very nice pistols. There has never been very
    much interest in French guns, but over the past several years
    I've noticed a rise in pricing for any old firearms - percussion,
    pin-fire, etc.
    At one time, you could find French and Belgian made guns
    relatively cheap, and pistols like these would have gone
    for around $300-$400 each.

I'd guess they'd be in the $800-$1200 apiece (retail)
    these days - perhaps more. Depends on how bad
    you want or need them.........!
    Regards,

Steve.