Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

G 33/40

Article about: Hi. Can someone explain way the barrel is not in one piece in the end? And is it normal that the chamber have a brown color instead of black. Kjell Magne

?

Default Re: G 33/40

K ; The wood has been refinished...it's as well covered in that heavy varnish the nrowegians used during refurb. The serial on the receiver is not german period applied , same goes for the proof next to it. Is there a lightening cut on the siderail below the woodline of the receiver , and a close pic of the G33/40 marking would tell a load.
    The bolt is as well a crude non german post war renumber.

Here are some photos of my 33/40 receiver.Maybe they will help in your identification. Paddy

Here in the States, an original sight hood and cleaning rod alone ,would be worth 140 EUR. Have seen hoods alone go for $200 at auction sights.

?

I think i will sell my G33/40 in parts

?

Thank`s for helping me,her are some mor photos of the receiver
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G 33/40   G 33/40  

G 33/40   G 33/40  

G 33/40  

?

The barrel was pulled from another rifle for sure. The receiver if - a big if here - if it was a 33/40 receiver has been totally scrubbed and fake markings have been hand applied to include the fake G33/40 that has been applied to the receiver siderail.
    Fake G33/40 sight hoods can and have been made from 98k hoods and will fool most at a glance. If this were mine I would break it up for parts and toss the barreled receiver in a scrap pile if the headspace is no good for a turning into a deer rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2