MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G/k43 Sniper Prices And Availability

Article about: Hi Guys, Would anyone care to estimate what an all matching, correct and unmolested G/K 43 Sniper go for in today market? Any input greatly appreciated.

?

Default G/k43 Sniper Prices And Availability

Hi Guys,
    Would anyone care to estimate what an all matching, correct and unmolested G/K 43 Sniper go for in today market? Any input greatly appreciated.

?

Default Re: G/k43 Sniper Prices And Availability

Sounds both pricey and interesting. Above the 2k$ mark i would guess. I know the Czechs made a really good optic for it. ZF4 A i think it's called and it's post war but a really good scope. Maybe an option?

Regards, Lars

1500 £ was what I saw 2 months ago!
    Though, this is cheap.

?

In the US you can't touch a G/K 43 non sniper anywhere near 2k. An all matching non molested ones are well north of 3k most running in the 4-5K range. I wish I could form 6 one from Europe.

?

Damn, THAT'S expensive. You can't get it from Europe or too much paper work?

Regards, Lars

?

Hi Lars,
    Very difficult to import anything these days so I guess i'll have to deal with the prices here. The Imperial German (WWI) stuff is bad enough but the prices of German WW II weapons an accouterments is crazy. Then there is so much forgery going on it is almost impossible to find the genuine article.
    Regards,
    Sam

?

That is some hard conditions you are dealing with Sam. The G/K 43 is a good looking gun. Are you saying that people are faking these, or?

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    That is some hard conditions you are dealing with Sam. The G/K 43 is a good looking gun. Are you saying that people are faking these, or?

Regards, Lars
    Hi Lars,
    Faking the gun is very common they sell repro scopes and mounts in the US and the novice has no idea of what marks should be on the various components especially on the internal parts. Fake mounts the have been stamped with dies that are as good as the original abound so for example if one doesn't know what the internal mill of the mount looks like as well as the external features you end up with a fake mount. They even number the mounts in the same script the Germans used. The usual G/K 43 you see for sale are a mix master of parts they are easy to tell. But many others I have looked at are phonies that have been forged to duplicate the original. The scopes are relatively easy to spot but the turret cover, eye shade and scope cover are often passed off as originals. When confronted these phonies almost always say the same thing. "I am no German expert and it was sold to me as genuine". If you get a chance to look at the Collector Grade book "Hitler's Garand' they have a chapter on the phonies and how to tell the real from the fake. What is even worse is the forgeries of the 98K snipers. I was at a show with a VERY advanced collector years ago who had many real German weapons, snipers included. He bought a high turret sniper that looked to be real to him only to be told by a Mauser expert he knew it was a forgery. They look so real that even he was fooled. I would never ever buy a 98K sniper unless it had proven provenance and then only maybe.
    Regards,
    Sam

I haven't watched the prices on these for a while but I'd say easily way over $2,000. Hitler's Garands is a good book to own. To bad I bought my copy after I impulsively bought my G-43.
    Good luck, Sam

Luke

?

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    I haven't watched the prices on these for a while but I'd say easily way over $2,000. Hitler's Garands is a good book to own. To bad I bought my copy after I impulsively bought my G-43.
    Good luck, Sam

Luke
    Hi Luke,
    If you think selling your G43 impulsively is bad, how's this. 17 years ago I traded my all matching, 100% correct AC 43 G43 sniper with matching mount and scope for a minty Japanese Type 99 LMG with scope thinking I could easily replace it, wrong. I've seen plenty of similar Type 99's but never a G/K 43 to replace mine.
    Regards,
    Sam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast