Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

G24(t) and M24 Bayonet

Article about: Enjoy this scarce German G24(t) Rifle and Bayonet...BILL

Default G24(t) and M24 Bayonet

Enjoy this scarce German G24(t) Rifle and Bayonet...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G24(t) and M24 Bayonet   G24(t) and M24 Bayonet  

G24(t) and M24 Bayonet   G24(t) and M24 Bayonet  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: G24(t) and M24 Bayonet

One of my favorites! I have always wondered why the Germans retained the straight bolt handle while they kept these in production.

Johnnie

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: G24(t) and M24 Bayonet

Beautiful weapon, I know two for sale but unfortunately not as nice as yours mister Grist, you encounter these G24 (t) often on early 1940 pictures because the Germans made widely use of this first line rifle, thanks for sharing.

Johnnie
    ?

I recall reading somewhere that the Germans equiped 11 divisions with Czech small arms after the annexation. Thats a lot of rifles!
    I'm curious how many of them are still in Russian refurb depots.

Johnnie

Grutte Pier
    ?

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    I recall reading somewhere that the Germans equiped 11 divisions with Czech small arms after the annexation. Thats a lot of rifles!
    I'm curious how many of them are still in Russian refurb depots.

Johnnie
    You are right Johnnie, the Germans considered these Tsjech VZ 24 “mausers” as first line weapons, I dare to say that the invasion of the Low Countries and France was somehow dependable on these captured Tsjech weapons. For example, in those early days the Tsjech 35(t) and 38(t) where very important for the German Panzer divisions, and even later in war the chassis of these tanks where important basses of the later panzerjäger and self propelled guns.