Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

G33/40 help

Article about: Hello Everyone! Annoyed from this ads?   Sorry I've been away for such a long time, I've added a ton to my collection I'll be adding in the next week here. Just have been working like c

?

Hey Michael,

Just to be clear the photos I posted for ND Shooter are a mix from the album I have and the lot of 113 pictures. The link here: Mountain Troop Photo Lot is for the 100th GJR Regiment / 5 Gebirgs Division. Here is what I know about the photos. These were acquired in 1 lot in Germany years ago at an auction by my family. They are suppose to be from Gebirgsjaeger Regiment 100 of the 5 Gebirgs Division. The photos show GJ troops of the unit executing unarmed civilians by the roadside as you saw on Website. Not sure of their heritage. Some GJ troops in the field, graves, much destruction, troops with grenades at ready, winter camo, officers, troops in foxholes in field, advancing through burning towns and villages. I know from research The 100th GJR transferred to the 5th GJD from the 1st GJD in 1940 as part of the 5th’s creation. The regiment went on to serve in the 5th GJD continuously until war’s end. The regiment began its service in 5th GJD in the Balkans, spearheading the breakthrough of the Metaxas Line and marching through Solonika into Athens. It then airlanded in Crete and pushed the New Zealanders from their positions around the airfield, earning the golden KRETA stripe for their distinctive uniforms. The regiment fought throughout 1942 and 1943 as part of Army Group North, serving with seven different army corps as the “fire brigade” of 18th Army. In December 1943, the 5th GJD transferred to Italy. Over the next sixteen months, the 100th Regiment fought a series of delaying actions in the Appenines against troops from seven different allied nationalities. Troops from the regiment are the last German soldiers to fight in an alpine environment, combating the French in the Western Alps in April 1945.
    Quote by MAP View Post
    Great album Rossi.

Question. It seems to cover a wide range of theaters. Is that correct? Do you know the nationalities of the executed POW's? I couldn't tell.

Michael
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Nice. I noticed what looked like Greek POW's (?)in a shot or two but I may be wrong. That is a great album!

Thanks for sharing.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great site - and an awesome Gj album - I have a few albums too, but not Gj.
    The interesting thing is, they are much more fun to look at on line, as the pics are so much larger - my eyes, lol.

The exploded barrel artillery piece is scary looking - altogether some really interesting wartime pictures!
    Last edited by pitfighter; 10-14-2014 at 05:42 PM.

?

ND Shooter! Come on down and we will discuss over beers. It is easy once you get the shell set up. The graphics and photography took me the longest. Happy to help!

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    Those images are great! I end up in Minnesota quiet often being that my wife has a lot of family out there.
    I need to get a site up like yours, how did you make it?

Thanks!

?

Yep the Greeks as I know they spent time in Athens. They were a busy bunch.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice. I noticed what looked like Greek POW's (?)in a shot or two but I may be wrong. That is a great album!

Thanks for sharing.

Michael

?

Taking pictures of pictures to get a clear shot takes lots of....Steady hands and no
    Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Great site - and an awesome Gb album - I have a few albums too, but not Gb.
    The interesting thing is, they are much more fun to look at on line, as the pics are so much larger - my eyes, lol.

The exploded barrel artillery piece is scary looking - altogether some really interesting wartime pictures!

I always knew the bayonet looked like that, but, seeing it beside the rifle on your site is really cool (it looks more elegant than the K98 bayonet, narrower and longer, do you have a pic of it beside a K98 bayonet by any chance?)

- I am getting out of rifle collecting to focus on MGs and MPs - but, I must admit to feeling a pang of regret at selling my G33 to Cody - but I know it's in good hands

?

Here is a couple shots of the K98 bayonet next to the G24 Dot Brunn bayonet. Harder to find and wish I had more of them with matching numbers and scabbards like these.

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    I always knew the bayonet looked like that, but, seeing it beside the rifle on your site is really cool (it looks more elegant than the K98 bayonet, narrower and longer, do you have a pic of it beside a K98 bayonet by any chance?)

- I am getting out of rifle collecting to focus on MGs and MPs - but, I must admit to feeling a pang of regret at selling my G33 to Cody - but I know it's in good hands
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G33/40 help   G33/40 help  

Interesting - thank you -

Great pics -

Here is an interesting one - not mine, borrowed from an another history site -
    They are ski-jaeger not Gerbs-jaeger -
    But look at the custom double ski sling on the MP44.
    *Edit - the muzzle thread protector looks like an MP43 one.

Cannot quite see if the Bayonet on display is a regular K98 or the Czech one.
    Guy in the BG has what looks like a G43 - so they were well armed, for sure.

Last edited by pitfighter; 10-14-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    ND Shooter! Come on down and we will discuss over beers. It is easy once you get the shell set up. The graphics and photography took me the longest. Happy to help!
    We will just have to keep the wifi turned off or I'll end up on Gunbroker buying stuff. It's a habit when I have a few haha!
    Pitfighter knows all about my firearm buying habit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast