Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

G33/40 help

Article about: Hello Everyone! Annoyed from this ads?   Sorry I've been away for such a long time, I've added a ton to my collection I'll be adding in the next week here. Just have been working like c

?

Added a couple pics of the bayonets in Scabbards. Llooks like maybe a K98 standard bayonet? The scabbard starts to taper it seems too soon so looks a little shorter. Hard to tell based on the guys forearm. I love pictures and seeing stuff in wear!!!! Thanks for sharing. I would love a G43!!!!

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Interesting - thank you -

Great pics -

Here is an interesting one - not mine, borrowed from an another history site -
    They are ski-jaeger not Gerbs-jaeger -
    But look at the custom double ski sling on the MP44.
    *Edit - the muzzle thread protector looks like an MP43 one.

Cannot quite see if the Bayonet on display is a regular K98 or the Czech one.
    Guy in the BG has what looks like a G43 - so they were well armed, for sure.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G33/40 help   G33/40 help  

Last edited by Rossi; 10-15-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

We will make sure the the wireless router is disonnected and the beer is Octoberfest strong German so you can't type if you wanted to buy on Gunbroker. We can design the website over beers.
    Quote by NDShooter View Post
    We will just have to keep the wifi turned off or I'll end up on Gunbroker buying stuff. It's a habit when I have a few haha!
    Pitfighter knows all about my firearm buying habit!

Yes - it looks like standard K98 bayonet, the "hook" tapers on the K98 but is straight on the "G33" G24 bayo.

Cody - the way I see it, we are helping out a lot of ungrateful relatives, who neither care or place value in these treasured heirlooms - we serve a purpose, maintaining a collection for future generations...
    ...Yes, Ok that's a weak excuse for a bad habit.

Gj gear and uniforms are some of the most interesting, for sure.

Rossi - I have had some of the German Garands - and was not impressed at them enough to collect or hang onto them for very long. They were all defective in my opinion, and inadequate (not a reason for me to collect firearms) - Mauser even admitted this in writing of their G41 competitor - see Hitler's Garands - Weaver.
    Walther's competitor for the '41 title was better, but still an awful rifle to field.
    I loved the G43 when I was reading about it, and an avid member of that now defunct forum, but when I bought mine, an all matching AC 43, it was an anticlimax.
    G43, G41 (m), G41 (w) - I didn't particularly gravitate towards any of them - where German weaponry comes into it's own for me, is with their MG's and MPs - which is where they excelled and innovated, technology that still reverberates today.
    I sold them all and my G33's and K98's to advance the heavy metal collection, and don't regret it, well maybe the G33, a little

My G43:

My G41 (w)

My g41(m)

?

I hope you are in the Midwest and within Beer Distance so when Cody and I drink over Militaria you are there!

Gj gear and uniforms are some of the most interesting, for sure.

Rossi - I have had some of the German Garands - and was not impressed at them enough to collect or hang onto them for very long. They were all defective in my opinion, and inadequate (not a reason for me to collect firearms) - Mauser even admitted this in writing of their G41 competitor - see Hitler's Garands - Weaver.
    Walther's competitor for the '41 title was better, but still an awful rifle to field.
    I loved the G43 when I was reading about it, and an avid member of that now defunct forum, but when I bought mine, an all matching AC 43, it was an anticlimax.
    G43, G41 (m), G41 (w) - I didn't particularly gravitate towards any of them - where German weaponry comes into it's own for me, is with their MG's and MPs - which is where they excelled and innovated, technology that still reverberates today.
    I sold them all and my G33's and K98's to advance the heavy metal collection, and don't regret it, well maybe the G33, a little

My G43:

My G41 (w)

My g41(m)
    [/QUOTE]

I'm on the West Coast, not mid-West.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    ....... Thanks for sharing. I would love a G43!!!!......
    Rossi,

I love em too! I have two. Here is one!

G43 Sniper ID??

Pictures are not the best however. (I've gotten better at taking them since then).

Enjoy,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well maybe one day pitfighter will be up in this part of the country!

I might be in the area next month visiting family and doing some business. I'll have to see if I can swing something.

I forgot to post a photo of the whole rifle.
    Here she is in all of her glory.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G33/40 help  

?

I should be around most of November. Look me up and we will have a beer. Rossi

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    Well maybe one day pitfighter will be up in this part of the country!

I might be in the area next month visiting family and doing some business. I'll have to see if I can swing something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3