Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

G3P4 Assault rifle.......

Article about: Gents....after spending time looking for an ex-Bundeswehr Heckler & Koch or Rheinmetall manufactured G3A4 assault rifle I have drawn a blank...I have been told that the BW destroy their

Default Re: G3P4 Assault rifle.......

Thanks for the comments Gents......and the lively discussion about firing these rifles, sadly something I will not be able to participate in as they (assault rifles) are prohibited weapons here in the U.K. Although I do remember shooting the British SLR version back in the early 1970's on RAF ranges whilst attaining my RAF marksmanship badge when I was in the ATC, if I remember correctly they had one hell of a kick !
    Prost ! Steve.

While I do not know specifically about this model, the BW does indeed seem to have a policy of COMPLETELY destroying surplussed firearms. This was particularly true of stocks held in the DDR upon unification. While ''parts kits'' from Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria were plentiful...the only DDR Kalashnikov kits that could be obtained were export models sent to places like the middle east. WHile one would expect that DDR Siminov SKSs would also be plentiful (at least as plentiful as the Yugoslavian ones!) they are scarce and highly sought after. Again, obtained through odd export channels including bring backs from Vietnam.....

In short, I think they crush/scrap the whole rifle.....

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thanks for the comments Gents......and the lively discussion about firing these rifles, sadly something I will not be able to participate in as they (assault rifles) are prohibited weapons here in the U.K. Although I do remember shooting the British SLR version back in the early 1970's on RAF ranges whilst attaining my RAF marksmanship badge when I was in the ATC, if I remember correctly they had one hell of a kick !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Many shooters have complained about the recoil of the Heckler & Koch G3 family through the time.

IMO felt recoil is perceived differently from individual to individual.

I have no problem shooting the HK G3 and actually like the recoil characteristics.

But then I like shooting .50 BMG rifles all day long, if and when anybody will let me

Scout...I was around 15 years old at the time ! we use to fold our berets up and place between butt and shoulder !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by meyerse View Post
    While I do not know specifically about this model, the BW does indeed seem to have a policy of COMPLETELY destroying surplussed firearms. This was particularly true of stocks held in the DDR upon unification. While ''parts kits'' from Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria were plentiful...the only DDR Kalashnikov kits that could be obtained were export models sent to places like the middle east. WHile one would expect that DDR Siminov SKSs would also be plentiful (at least as plentiful as the Yugoslavian ones!) they are scarce and highly sought after. Again, obtained through odd export channels including bring backs from Vietnam.....

In short, I think they crush/scrap the whole rifle.....
    Is there any way to tell if a DDR MPi KM is an export model? i've got one as a deac and just assumed it was NVA issue. Sorry for going off thread.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Scout...I was around 15 years old at the time ! we use to fold our berets up and place between butt and shoulder !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Small wonder then. Recoil is ... stout. Especially so for the build of a 15 yrs old.

Even generations of conscripts/grown men have complained about the recoil too though.

Something to do with the in-line stock recoil characteristics and the gas system, I suppose.

?

I'm sorry, I must be in the ladies department????? }8)
    The recoil on these are quite mild. It has less recoil than my Garand. When I shoot my K98 with 198 grain bullets NOW that has a kick and leaves a mark after 20 round. But my friends who shoot my G3 always say how mild the recoil is for a 308. I've heard when the timing is incorrect due to the headspace reaching the MAX acceptable limit that they do start to kick harder. But like mentioned. It's a pleasure to shoot.
    Steve if you ever find yourself out in the deserts of Arizona please feel free to contact me and we can shoot a lot of goodies!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

This was my favorite weapon on Call of Duty 4 modern warfare

?

Steve a good looking rifle there..I like the woodwork..it's a very nice colour..I did have a Portuguese 1 myself but the butt & hand guard were made from Green Plastic....Still a nice looking rifle...Thanks or posting...oh also like the collection.. Cheers Terry.

Nice rifle does anyone know where to find a functioning receiver for a G3 in the states?
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3