Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

G43/K45 "ac" Marked rifle.

Article about: Wish I had a butt plate and front sight hood. What would the current value of this rifle be. If anyone can shed some light regarding my post I would appreciate it. Mike

Default G43/K45 "ac" Marked rifle.

Wish I had a butt plate and front sight hood. What would the current value of this rifle be. If anyone can shed some light regarding my post I would appreciate it. Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G43/K45 "ac" Marked rifle.   G43/K45 "ac" Marked rifle.  

G43/K45 "ac" Marked rifle.   G43/K45 "ac" Marked rifle.  

G43/K45 "ac" Marked rifle.  

its v/nice.

MAP
    ?

Mike,

Pricing is not a function of this forum but you have a nice gun there. These have been increasing in value here in the US and I've seen plain jane / refinished ones on auction sights going for $2k+ but I can not say if this is a realistic price.

I have two and love these rifles. Mine are a standard AC (aka Walther) K43 from 1944 and a 1944 Scoped sniper DUV G43. (I've posted the sniper on this forum if you are interested.... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-firearms/g43-sniper-id-423156/ )

Yours appears to be a 1945 Walther. Stock appears to be refinished and from the pictures I can not tell if the parts are matching.

Here are some good web sites for the basics of G43s

<b> G43 information and statistics </b>
    http://claus.espeholt.dk/mediearkiv/g43k43_c.pdf ( you can email Claus and add your rifles info to the database)
    G43 Rifle und ZF4 scope Collection / Verleger Kamerad Prusakowski

Here is a site for parts

WWII German G/K43 Parts For Sale

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Here is Claus' website (The other one above is just the pdf)...you will need to use Google Chrome as sometimes MS Explorer does not work

Claus Espeholt's G43 - MP44 collectors Service

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael, Just getting my feet wet around here, pardon for the price quote request. The parts are all matching. I did take butchers min wax to the stock to preserve it. Guess that was a mistake. Thank You once again. I will be sure to visit those recommended sites. Regards- Mike

MAP
    ?

No worries about the price request, we were all new here at one time. And welcome to the Forum. I'm only a short term member myself but the focus of this forum is on the items themselves, not pricing.

Is Min wax a varnish? Or just a wax coating? I generally leave all my items untouched unless they need steps to preserve them from further damage.

Regards,

Michael

Micheal, its a non varnish wax preservative. seals the pores a maintains a good vapor barrier.

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigm1957 View Post
    Micheal, its a non varnish wax preservative. seals the pores a maintains a good vapor barrier.
    Good