Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German G98

Article about: Hello Fellas, Here is my latest aquisition. It is my WW1 G 98. It is interesting because of what is written on the Butt, I at the moment cannot find out too much about the guy. I have also p

Default German G98

Hello Fellas,
    Here is my latest aquisition. It is my WW1 G 98.
    It is interesting because of what is written on the Butt, I at the moment cannot find out too much about the guy.

I have also photographed the types of bayonet that may have been fitted to it.

1 S 98 Quillback
    2 S 98/02 Pioneer (Scarce)
    3 S 98/05 Pioneer
    4 S 98/05 Butcher

Regards

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German G98   German G98  

German G98   German G98  

German G98   German G98  

German G98   German G98  

German G98   German G98  

German G98   German G98  

German G98   German G98  

Default Re: German G98

wow. i tried doing a little reasearch.

i think i've come to two conclusion firstly the name is British. all historical records lead to an aristocrat familiy which began in Great Britain in 1505 through 1700's, secondly if it was german, it would be Earl VON Cassilis, not Earl of Cassilis, besides Earl isn't very German. Secondly, its extreemly hard finding records from ww1.

IF i am mistaken good luck trying to find a Major Earl of Cassilis in 13 German armies with plenty of battalions and companies with thousands of Majors. :-)

Jim, nice late war G98, see here for the other types of bayonets for this rifle, all 31 of them ! https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...ww1-kar-45054/
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I love these old german smokepoles !. Got a bunch of them stashed away myself.
    Only one i have with such an embellishment is a 1913 Spandau ,matching.
    On the other side of the buttstock it's hard to see in photos but scratched in is "CPL REB" .
    Attached Images Attached Images German G98  German G98