MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German LP 42 flare pistol

Article about: Hi, I got this flare pistol today an LP42, looks well used but in good condition and works well. It,s a late war issue, made by C&W Meinel - Scholer, in Sachsen Klingenthal. I got this i

Default German LP 42 flare pistol

Hi,
    I got this flare pistol today an LP42, looks well used but in good condition and works well. It,s a late war issue, made by C&W Meinel - Scholer, in Sachsen Klingenthal. I got this info from research but was told it came out of a tank ?,
    I intend to give it a clean and keep it in the collection,
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German LP 42 flare pistol   German LP 42 flare pistol  

German LP 42 flare pistol  

Default Re: German LP 42 flare pistol

Hi Dave, careful how you clean this. The phosphate finish will easily come off.

I like these.

No reason why it could not be from a tank.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice addition to your collection, Dave!

Regards

Hi Ade, & Ingrid,
    thanks for telling me that ade as i didnt know so il be very careful with it, i got it from an old fellow thats had it for many years he told me it came from a knocked out tank. He had it deacted but i dont mind that, It,s the first one iv had so quite pleased with it. Thanks for the info.
    Dave,

A nice link here about these:

Mod. LP42

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, thanks mate really good link, iv kept that for reference.
    dave.

Hi
    Nice gun i have one but yours has more finnish left on than mine.
    as i understand it they were issued to air and tank crews the large trigger gaurd made it easy to use when wearing gloves.
    nice pistol.
    if you look at the breetch end of the barrel on the left side of the frame above the button there should be a eagle stamp.
    the one on mine is very faint
    Andy
    Andy