Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle

Article about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpNMfLabaw Krag produced during the German occupation of Norway!....

Default German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpNMfLabaw
    Krag produced during the German occupation of Norway!....

thanks Gunny.

thanks paul.
    I had forgotten about those.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

WOW the whole time I've been watching Hogans Heros and thinking Sgt Shultz's rifle was not correct.( Not the only error noted) I might have been wrong!!!! LOL

I'm just wondering how the bayonet would have worked well, unless the had surplus Krankhandled models available !!!
    Thanks Gunny!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

PRE
    ?

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but here are some pics of mine. It's a 1944 'Nb' block model in pretty nice shape overall. The stock has a small split near the tang, and a larger one on the underside, but I won't be firing this rifle anyway. The metal is in excellent shape and all markings are clear and well struck.

The bolt is non-matching, but correct for the type. It was probably assembled from spare parts at Kongsberg as some of the components received the characteristic German bluing treatment while others are numbered to another rifle and 'in the white.' This is one of the rifles that was shortened to K98k length from the original Norwegian rifle specification. Note the last foot or so of the barrel near the muzzle, with varying barrel width and differences in finish. The front sight base has been cut for a sight hood, but retains it's original spanner head blade adjustment for windage. Like so many other types of occupation produced weapons and Beutewaffen, this rifle would likely have been used by second and third tier units not engaged in active combat operations. Since it was produced under German 'supervision,' it was stamped with a Waffen Amt mark, instead of the HZa/HNZa stamps used to denote captured weapons that passed depot inspection.

Best,
    Pat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle   German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle  

German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle   German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle  

German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle   German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle  

Not a hijack at all, that's a nice rifle and thanks for taking the time to post!...

PRE
    ?

Two more pics, plus a period photo from the 'WWII Zone' website (a great photo resource) showing Luftwaffe troops with a Lang Krag in a dune position.

Best,
    Pat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle   German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle  

German-Occupation "Stomperud" Krag Rifle  

?

Thanks Pat for posting your Krag. A very nice piece of WW2 firearm history.

And with your last pic, maybe some of the LW Stalag guards did use the the Krag. Very interesting!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

"maybe some of the LW Stalag guards did use the the Krag"
    I reckon there's a good chance of it Phil!...

PRE
    ?

Thanks, Gentlemen.

AZPhil, I believe I saw a pic at one point of a camp guard with a Krag shouldered. The Luftwaffe ground based units used all different types of captured rifles, everywhere that Germany controlled. A 1946 debriefing of a high ranking Ordnance Staff officer revealed that the Luftwaffe almost always took the lion's share of capture piles and discarded weapons on 'fresh' battlefields because LW spotter planes were used to search larger, wider areas for these, radioing their locations to ground based recovery teams. In contrast, the Heer, Kriegsmarine and WSS had to rely on luck to find piles of weapons left behind by forward advancing German troops. There was also the Goering factor when it came to allocation...

Best,
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast