Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings

Article about: Has M over anchor stamp and german writing inside flap,also GI name.Anyone know what the writing says,think its a ww1 holster but dont know.Hard to photograph.

Default German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings

Has M over anchor stamp and german writing inside flap,also GI name.Anyone know what the writing says,think its a ww1 holster but dont know.Hard to photograph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings   German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings  

German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings   German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings  

German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings   German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings  

MAP
    ?

This is the best I can do for you.

German WW1 Navy holster need help with markingsGerman WW1 Navy holster need help with markings
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would say that this holster is a World War 1 German Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial Navy) holster for a Mauser 1914 Very Nice. OSTSEE Baltic Fleet. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks Map that really helped! Bill thats what I needed ,thanks for the info!Are these pretty rare to find today?Its in great cond for being 100 years old.

I would not consider them rare as both ww1, weimar republic and ww2 German navy holsters show up at the large militaria shows ie: Show of Shows in Louisville, Ky and the Max. and other gun shows etc. Many times with the pistol still with the holster. That said the holster is a desirable holster. Many of this type of holster showed up in the Weimar Republic with non navy marked Mauser pistols. The magazine in the holster is for a Mauser 1914 and I do not see any Navy property numbers on the magazine. The Germans reissued and reused everything. I have in my collection a German ww1 7.65mm holster for a Bavarian Army Unit reissued in the Weimar Republic for the Railroad Police of Erfurt as I said they never got rid of anything. I hope this helped some BILL in N.C.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Nice one TC. Good to see you posting again.

Thanks guys,here is my 1934 navy rig,holster is marked only with a swaz in circle on back down by toe.Was told it was a late naval holster correct for this pistol but should have eagle over M?,anyway it came with it.The mags look too early for a 1934 but like Bill said the germans used what they had on hand.Any info appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings   German WW1 Navy holster need help with markings  

The M/anchor marking on the holster dates to the Reichsmarine. The Imperial Germany Navy used a Crown/M marking.

Thanks for the info habicht!