Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Getting set for a Vintage Sniper Rifle competition

Article about: Looks like a 1 click adjustment on the Izhevsk should bring it right into center. Not really fair, though, to zero in a scope using milsurplus and expect to see the same results with custom

Default Re: Getting set for a Vintage Sniper Rifle competition

Looks like a 1 click adjustment on the Izhevsk should bring it right into center. Not really fair, though, to zero in a scope using milsurplus and expect to see the same results with custom hand loads at competition. Once you settle on the optimum bullet maker, weight and style along with the best powder and load weight, then you should see something Excellent!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: Getting set for a Vintage Sniper Rifle competition

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looks like a 1 click adjustment on the Izhevsk should bring it right into center. Not really fair, though, to zero in a scope using milsurplus and expect to see the same results with custom hand loads at competition. Once you settle on the optimum bullet maker, weight and style along with the best powder and load weight, then you should see something Excellent!
    You are so right about the difference in MILSURP ammo and hand loads. Here's a link to the results I had with hand loads while zeroing my reborn ex-sniper last weekend. With a consistent powder load it is a tack driver. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...driver-212445/

I'm using 43.5 gn of Varget and Sierra 174 gn .311 bullets. I haven't slugged the barrel, yet. Once I do that I may increase the bullet size. It will be interesting to see the results from the competition where we'll be shooting at 300 and 600 yards.

Now that I'm doing my own loads, I will also go back and re-zero my other two Mosin PU snipers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2