Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICS

Article about: Hello all, just purchased this G43 locally and i was looking for some input about it. Too good of a deal to not buyAny information would help as I'm not too too informed about these german g

Default Gewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICS

Hello all, just purchased this G43 locally and i was looking for some input about it. Too good of a deal to not buyAny information would help as I'm not too too informed about these german gas rifles. Just looking for opinions on authenticity and if stamping is correct etc.... I can pretty much tell the stock is either replaced or refinished and the magazines look way too clean and new to not be reproductions. Again any input, comments, opinions are welcome. Thanks!!!!Gewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICSGewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICS

Looks all original to me. The maker code 'AC 44' on the receiver indicates that this rifle was produced in Walther Werke, Zella-Mehlis in 1944. The bolt doesn't match the receiver, but as I've never studied these rifles in depth there is a probability that this is a common occurrence.

Production standards had slipped by that point in the war, and the G43 was never made to a high standard in the first place. At least not in comparison to other German small arms of the period. This is one that any collector would be happy to own!

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Bolt should match the receiver. Possible that this is a put together piece from parts.

And yes, stock appears to have been sanded. Magazine appears to be original but refinished as you note.

Here are some links

<b>
    G43 information and statistics
    </b>

Claus Espeholt's G43 - MP44 collectors Service

Edit: Be careful, these are prone to break when shot.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

On closer inspection, it also appears the butt plate has been blued. It should be white metal, as seen below. Would there be WaffenAmt markings on the butt, similar to those on a Kar98?

Below, a mint example from the Swedish Army Museum. WaffenAmts are visible in the upper photograph, between the butt plate and the cutout for the sling.

Regards, B.B.

I believe the butt plate has been painted or at least it looks painted. (probably blued) same with the lock ring on the front. There is a faint stamping under the grip i found. So hopefully its a real stock and not someones redoing. Gewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICS

MAP
    ?

The stock is legit. Just sanded.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thank you!

The mags are not original,they are repos,original mags were not marked G43/K43.Just K43 or G43.As was said,sanded stock,mismatched bolt carrier.What are the numbers on bottom of buttstock,they should match receiver if the original stock,.Also noticed the nut/thread protector on end of barrel is missing.
    Rifle is in the e block ,a fairly early ac44 still haveing the threaded barrel and nut they did away with pretty soon after this one was made.

hard to see in these photos but it appear to be 4585 which would match the receiver.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICS   Gewehr 43, looking for some advice!!! PICS  

Congratulations and money well spent. Don't know what your plans are but if you intend to shoot it I would recommend an Apfeltor Shooter Kit for it. Heard those actions were pretty strong. Thanks for sharing. These guns can be tough to find for a decent price today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast