Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gewehr88 update and more

Article about: Ive obtained a g98 sling for my 88 as it will do untill the right one comes along,its dated 1913. Also picked up a Demag trench knive ,s71/84 and relic sawback to add to the display.

Default Gewehr88 update and more

Ive obtained a g98 sling for my 88 as it will do untill the right one comes along,its dated 1913.
    Also picked up a Demag trench knive ,s71/84 and relic sawback to add to the display.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gewehr88 update and more   Gewehr88 update and more  

Gewehr88 update and more   Gewehr88 update and more  

Great stuff mate, i love those saw backs!....

Its not collector quality Gunny but makes me happy,Colin.

Quote by wrecker View Post
    Its not collector quality Gunny but makes me happy,Colin.
    That's all that matters and to be honest i prefer some stuff to be salty!...

It makes it a lot cheaper too

salt murders metal Gunny.lol

?

Congratulations, nice pickups. Your sling is correct if German marked. The sling for the Gew88 was the same as that used on the 98. That being said, there are two versions; on the earlier style often seen pre-1912, the buckle was sewn on and the detachable swivel was attached with a button through the leather sling and the later version had the removable buckle with a stud on the back and the detachable swivel was sewn on. Both versions will use the parade loop, the 88 had the parade loop hooked over the cleaning rod and the 98 had it attached to the hook on the front band.

Gewehr88 update and more

Gewehr88 update and more

Nice pics,thanks for the info.

?

Your 71/84 is plated for walking out but check to see, if operable it should fit your 88. Who is the bayonet's maker?

It does fit the 88,maker is Carl Eickhorn.