Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol

Article about: Here is Glisenti Model 1910 9mm pistol serial number C50 with all matching parts. Has any member shot this type pistol or have a source for ammo or load data? Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol

Here is Glisenti Model 1910 9mm pistol serial number C50 with all matching parts. Has any member shot this type pistol or have a source for ammo or load data?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol   Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol  

Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol   Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol  

A few more photos:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol   Glisenti Model 1910 9mm Pistol  

a nice solid looking gun.

varifleman-I take it you're aware that the 9mm Glisenti round is much less powerful than the 9mm Parabellum despite the casing for both being the same size-whatever you use, be well sure it's the appropriate Glisenti loading, otherwise you could end up eating the slide!

PS The loading is 33% less than a period Parabellum round.
    Last edited by lithgow; 02-14-2015 at 07:28 PM.

A Very nice looking pistol and not much encountered these days. As far as I know of, the only way to get viable ammunition for it is to find someone or do it yourself handloading. There has been much trouble in the past with these, as Lithgow said above, the rounds ( 9x19 Glisenti) are Very similar to the 9mm Luger rounds, but are a Fraction of the powder loads. Never-Never attempt to fire a 9mm Luger in it-even if it Does chamber. They were fine little pistols, but are Far too weak to handle the Luger loads and Will blow on you. Yours, unfortunately, looks to be missing it's takedown tool. Here is a thread on these guns from a few years ago-well worth the read.
    Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the replies and advice; I'll have to track down a takedown tool. If I can't reload to proper specs I'll just keep the Glisenti as a collectible; don't want to shoot it with too hot loads!

I remember that you used to always be able to immediately tell the difference between the Glisenti and the Luger rounds, as the Glisenti's were little pointy tipped bullets and the Lugers were round tipped, but I haven't seen a box of Glisenti's now for ages.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice Glisenti, in conditions like new! Very compliments,these pistols are quite rare in these conditions also here in Italy! But pay much attention shooting with it, wrong rounds can be very dangerous.....

You know also that the grips are not the original ones: they were of very weak bakelite.

Older 9mm Luger were pointy tipped like the 9mm Glisenti. Then they became round tipped like the modern ones

thanks for the informative replies; if any of our Italian members know where i can get a takedown tool please let me know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast