Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Goryunov SG43

Article about: I've just purchased an SG43 machine gun and mount, but unfortunaely the shield is missing.Does anybody own or have access to one to measure the shield, as I would like to try and have one ma

Default Goryunov SG43

I've just purchased an SG43 machine gun and mount, but unfortunaely the shield is missing.Does anybody own or have access to one to measure the shield, as I would like to try and have one made,thanks Pete.

Default Re: Goryunov SG43

Hi Pete, a comrade of mine from our LH group owns one. I will be seeing him next month.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, I'll post some pictures, I'ts needed a lot of cleaning up.I need help with the markings on it, all I can understand is the date 1943.It came from Rhodesia, I suspect it was one of the Cuban shipments to either Mozambique or Angola and subsequently captured.It's certainly been around a bit.
    thanks Pete.

These are a couple of pictures of the gun, it was very rusty.Can anybody help decipher the markings on the tops cover,
    thanks Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goryunov SG43   Goryunov SG43  

Goryunov SG43  

Hi Pete, you have done a good job if if was as bad as it sounded. Looks nice.

The stampings read : Machine gun Model of 1943.

Cheers, Ade.

Just an update, I managed to sort out the missing shield .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goryunov SG43  

Nice one!

Cheers, Ade.

additional markings ,barrel,cocking handle and belt holder under top cover,
    they look a bit like an HK in a circle?
    Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goryunov SG43   Goryunov SG43  

Goryunov SG43