Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gun Show Warning

Article about: Thanks for answering my old post guys. Yes I attended the last show in Northeast area and indeed they were selling beer popcorn and just about anything else you could imagine. I was put off

Default Re: Gun Show Warning

i seen some mitchells ,thay mess up the org finish on the k98s thay should leave thay as thay are,not refinishing them,i even seen a fake SS stamp on one of them

Glad so many have viewed my old thread. Just hope many have used caution before jumping in with both feet when purchasing militaria. As I have stated before many good finds that are legit can be found at gun shops that have taken in trades that may have been turned by vets for modern firearm. Have spotted many legit old Colts and Winchesters but when it comes to Third Reich militaria too many fakes and forgeries. Always pays to bring someone knowledgeable along. Best wishes.

its going on everywhere tom im afraid very much so here in the UK,only yesterday at the local car booty was i offered a nam M1 lid,it was about as US as me,israli made liner and so on,hence why this forum is such a great place for opinions and help,just know your stuff,and stick to it,dave.

Just thought I would recommend Gun Boards Forum to those out there. I believe most will find this forum very informitive. There is a separate thread forum for kar 98ks and the guys on this forum know there stuff concerning makers, years of manufacturers, and how many variations of Mausers. I have learned a great deal in just a few months from experts. New posts everyday from novices to collectors. Check with these guys before making purchases. Best Wishes and good Mauser hunting.

I agree with Mauser,, knowledge is power when it comes to dealing with the less than honest within the collecting community, no matter what you collect. i do well with Garands and to an extent the Walther family of pistols,, but when it comes to things like mauser rifles I dont even know enough to be dangerous,,, lol

Just thought I would mention me109g if interested in kar98ks a book called Backbone of the Wermacht. Lists all you need to know on Mausers made from 1933 to 1945. Order from Amazon if interested. Don't forget better prices usually at gunshops. Best wishes

thanks for that tip,, i think I have seen that book before.

?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Just thought I would mention me109g if interested in kar98ks a book called Backbone of the Wermacht. Lists all you need to know on Mausers made from 1933 to 1945. Order from Amazon if interested. Don't forget better prices usually at gunshops. Best wishes
    While the autor was generally known to be of good charachter alot of what was passed as gospel by a certain few he relied to heavily on makes his books on the subject(s) problematic on no small scale. And by far it does not list "all you need to know" on german rifles of the nazi era. I've still got my original copy - with loads of corrections I made to the text and noting pics of fake items in it. It's not gospel and if treated so will lead you down the primrose path.

I recently aquired a very nice 1917 matching number DWM Luger to display in my museum. Do you guys know who the best "Luger expert" on this forum is? I spent quite a while trying to figure out the proof marks etc and am not having too much luck. I like to at least sound like I have a clue about my weapons when I show them.

Thanks

Burt

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    I recently aquired a very nice 1917 matching number DWM Luger to display in my museum. Do you guys know who the best "Luger expert" on this forum is? I spent quite a while trying to figure out the proof marks etc and am not having too much luck. I like to at least sound like I have a clue about my weapons when I show them.

Thanks

Burt
    Start a new thread on it with some pics. I love lugers(not that I am any expert). if thats not possible,describe the proofs and what caliber is it?

Or if you want send over the details in a message. I have quite a few books on them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast