Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Article about: Nice looking rifle. I'm not that keen on modern weapons, but the Heckler & Koch has something about it! There is something in the back of my mind telling me that there used to be a way o

Default Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Had fun today as my 7.62mm Heckler & Koch G3A3 deactivated assault rifle arrived today. Its ex-Portugese army model and was manufactured in Portugal by FMP under licence from H&K. Its current spec deac in well used but good condition. Ive wanted one of these for a while but prices have allways been rather steep but got this example for £325. Saw one recently which was old spec with moving parts and the guy wanted £800! Will post up some pics when we get re-connected by bloody useless Virgin Media who after a month still are not giving us a proper service!!! Using a wireless dongle at mo which seems to struggle with everything inc loading up pictures Grrrrrrrrrr! Regards to all.

Default Re: Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Don't you just love all this modern technology!

Modern 'technology' always amazes me, particularly with regards this kind of thing. Why, for example, do I lose the signal from my mobile phone if I walk behind a particularly large tree in my local park, yet we managed to speak with three guys in a tin can orbiting the moon back in 1969, using a radio the size of a small island and filled with enough valves to warm 42 swimming pools !!!!!!! I don't ever recall the statement 'One small step for man, on giant leap......Hello ? you there ? '

I feel for you Tim. It must be frustrating.

Look forward to seeing the pics

Cheers

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Modern 'technology' always amazes me, particularly with regards this kind of thing. Why, for example, do I lose the signal from my mobile phone if I walk behind a particularly large tree in my local park, yet we managed to speak with three guys in a tin can orbiting the moon back in 1969, using a radio the size of a small island and filled with enough valves to warm 42 swimming pools !!!!!!! I don't ever recall the statement 'One small step for man, on giant leap......Hello ? you there ? '

I feel for you Tim. It must be frustrating.

Look forward to seeing the pics

Cheers

Steve T
    I could not have put that better myself Steve and it beggars belief. The amount of times weve had to phone them up to try and sort it out, might as well be spending the money buying shares in the useless company!! Hopefully we should get it sorted soon and in meantime will try and load up some pics of the G3. Cheers and Best regards, Tim.

Default H&K G3A3 Pix.

Some pix of the Heckler & Koch current spec deac! On another point makes many of us wonder why the MOD didnt equip our Armed forces with this weapon after decommissioning the good old 7.62mm SLR. The G3A3 had the killing power of the 7.62 and had full automatic fire capability which the excellent SLR didnt have. From its inception it was constantly up-graded and is a fine battle rifle. The G3A3 version pictured here is no longer manufactured but is still in service with some armies around the world. This example was manufactured by FMP in Portugal under licence from H&K. Regards, Tim.

Default Re: H&K G3A3 Pix.

originally made by the spainish and the licensce purchased by h&k if memory serves it was the cetme

Nice one Tim!!,

All you need now is some black overalls and a respirator and you can tell everyone you were the "second man on the balcony"!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Nice one Tim!!,

All you need now is some black overalls and a respirator and you can tell everyone you were the "second man on the balcony"!!

Regards, Ned.

Lol!! Thats a good one Ned-like it!! Cheers, Tim.

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    originally made by the spainish and the licensce purchased by h&k if memory serves it was the cetme
    Its confusing as it was originally a German WW2 design, then after WW2 the Spanish took the design and created the cetme from it, then H&K took the cetme and bettered the overall design and function thus creating the G3. Its quite surprising just how many modern firearms can trace their ancestry back to WW2 Germany. The Germans sure knew how to knock up good, reliable and very advanced weapons. Best Regards, Tim.

Hello-the original FN FAL version of the SLR did fire on full auto but the British army decided that this was wasteful of ammo and inaccurate for the average rifleman using 7.62 Nato-this was the correct opinion for an army mostly engaged in patrol/counter insurgency type warfare after WW2 in the various former colonies-you can only carry so much ammo especially 7.62mm and all the other support equipment of the modern soldier.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast