Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Article about: Nice looking rifle. I'm not that keen on modern weapons, but the Heckler & Koch has something about it! There is something in the back of my mind telling me that there used to be a way o

Default Re: Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

I've finally managed to get an FMP G3 Rifle, its far from the condition of the one that was posted at the start of this thread but its still complete and has distinctive character to it I got it from Saracen Exports for £220 including postage and packing, which was an alright deal in my opinion Its a shame these weapons are completely welded solid though, not even the trigger or fire selector move Why this is even done I don't know, because any clown with a file could easily remove the welds in the trigger mechanism housing

Thanks

Danny

Have one of thoose at home, but in working condition. Swedish model Ak4.

I owned a NIB HK91. it was a blast too shoot!!! KA-chung...Ka-chung...Ka-chung .bought back in the mid 80's for like $600 !!
    sold it unfortunately... for quite a profit.

the import ban drove everything up here in the states,but before that.......THOSE WERE THE DAYS !!!

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I've finally managed to get an FMP G3 Rifle, its far from the condition of the one that was posted at the start of this thread but its still complete and has distinctive character to it I got it from Saracen Exports for £220 including postage and packing, which was an alright deal in my opinion Its a shame these weapons are completely welded solid though, not even the trigger or fire selector move Why this is even done I don't know, because any clown with a file could easily remove the welds in the trigger mechanism housing

Thanks

Danny

Bloody daft i agree mate! So much paranoia over these things that make little sense, as long as the weapon cant fire why weld the trigger and fire selector up too? Since buying my example ive got the correct bayonet, scabbard and frog and an ex-Bundeswehr G3 cleaning kit. Now i need the adaptor in order to be able to fit the bayonet-but think its best to keep it with its original parts but would be worth buying as an accessory. Your G3 looks nice mate! Regards Tim.

Far too much work goes into deactivating these weapons, that to be honest isnt really needed. Other EU countries have far more sympathetic deactivation rules, and they don't seem to have issues with people reactivating them......oh the joys of the UK I was going to get a few more bits and pieces to go with my G3, possibly a scope but they are rather pricey

Thanks

Danny

I was issued one, back in 1988-90, serving my army duty in Greece, an A4, with a collapsible buttstock and green color plastic parts. It was made by EBO (Hellenic Arms Industry). I wasn't very thrilled about it, heavy with a rather complicated bolt assemlpy (rollers, 90 degrees turn), a real hell to clean it. It still is the official AR of greek armed forces, excepting special units, utilising M 16 variants.
    Regards, Thanos.

Oooops !!! Sorry for "assemlpy".

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Far too much work goes into deactivating these weapons, that to be honest isnt really needed. Other EU countries have far more sympathetic deactivation rules, and they don't seem to have issues with people reactivating them......oh the joys of the UK I was going to get a few more bits and pieces to go with my G3, possibly a scope but they are rather pricey

Thanks

Danny
    I noticed Dan that the G3 accessories are a bit on the steep side, seems the case with all deacs now and to think a few years ago i was told that deac's were going to go out of fashion and become worthless-quite the opposite is the case now! I recall good few years back you could pick up deac G3's with full working actions in mint cond for around £150!!! They are now mega expensive with working actions but there was rumour going around at one time that owners of any working deac might have to submit their guns to be deactivated to current spec-what a headache that would have been and it could still happen yet. But just to have an example of the G3 is something and they wont depreciate in value i dont think and can only increase over the years. It sure has a certain appeal and looks menacing and if some geezer came into a shop an pointed one at me i certainly wouldnt question whether or not it was working lol!!! Cheers, Tim.

Quote by COLT 1911A1 View Post
    I was issued one, back in 1988-90, serving my army duty in Greece, an A4, with a collapsible buttstock and green color plastic parts. It was made by EBO (Hellenic Arms Industry). I wasn't very thrilled about it, heavy with a rather complicated bolt assemlpy (rollers, 90 degrees turn), a real hell to clean it. It still is the official AR of greek armed forces, excepting special units, utilising M 16 variants.
    Regards, Thanos.
    I recall a Pakistan army veteran commenting on the G3. The guy said it was a great tool for use against the Taliban fighters on the Afghan/Pakistan border. Being open mountainous terrain the G3 had all the advantages of range and firepower against Taliban AK's firing a more powerfull 7.62mmx51 round. The guy said after engaging Taliban fighters in the hills one morning that he saw a Taliban rising up from behind a rock and so slammed a five round burst into the guy, he knew one was a head shot as he saw his turban/headdress go flying up into the air. Tim.

Thats what I noticed looking at them too, the German scope is as about as much as the actual rifle, never mind the other pieces like the handgaurd with the built in bipod! I think that I'll keep my G3 nice and all original and leave it as is, if I was to buy a pile of accessories, I could probably get myself another deact

I've heard that rumour too about the possibility of deacts having to be submitted to be brought up to the current specs. Hence the reason I'm sticking with new spec deacts, but the chances of that happening are low as some sort of compensation would have to be given to the owners for this, and we all know the UK goverment don't like handing out money.....unless its to people who shouldnt really be getting any I've noticed the deacts rising in prices though, when I first knew that deacts existed I seen Brens for about £200, AK's below £100 etc....... times have really changed

Thanks

Danny

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast