Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.

Article about: Hi All, I am trying to identify this holster, but have drawn a blank. It has two compartments inside and two brass hooks on the outside. It looks old. Can anybody help identify this? Photos

Hi all,

Many thanks for all you responses, and looks like we have a positive ID. I bought this at a UK car boot market last week and paid the equivalent of $10 US for it, so I would be happy to spend a bit more on it to have it restored if it worthwhile example of this type of holster from that period. Actually the leather is still quite good with just surface cracks, due to the fact that this has dried out at some point, but I know these can be fixed. And I think the stitching is easily fixed too.

Kindest Regards

Paul

If you plan to get a pre-war p35 and keep it then do with it as you please. If you think you might sell it later the value IMHO is greater without modifications or repairs.

?

The brass hook rings look to be very similar to the brass hook straps used on the British MkVI Gasmask bag strap.

MKVI Neck strap

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    The brass hook rings look to be very similar to the brass hook straps used on the British MkVI Gasmask bag strap.

MKVI Neck strap

Gary J.
    Hi Gary,

Well just by chance I got in a MK VI respirator, bag, and strap today, and you are correct! The hooks are exactly the same. Many thanks. Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2