Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP ! Wd40 = rusty guns :(

Article about: The guns are Ww2 cz27 pistol Hotchkiss universal Kind regards Alex

?

Default HELP ! Wd40 = rusty guns :(

Hello

Need some help I was told by a friend that if I used wd40 on my guns that this would stop them seizing and getting jammed they are deactivated so I used it I'n the hotchkiss universal and a cz27 pistol and both have started to rust it's like a thick dirty black oli and the guns moving parts are seizing

So I need some help asap thanks !

Kind regards
    Alex

Alexanderstevens75@yahoo.com

Default Re: HELP ! Wd40 = rusty guns :(

Try 'Ballistol'-German produced spray made from pine oil-best thing for guns-clean your deacs thoroughly first before applying.

The best thing do is to strip the weapons down completely and clean them until all the grease, oil and whatever else is no longer on of in the weapon. After that give all the component parts a light spraying with oil and then stick it all back together I've done that to all of the deacts I own and never had any problems with them.

Thanks

Danny

?

Ok next question how to strip guns that are welded so tight together they are effectively expensive paper weights ?

?

Quote by banksy View Post
    Ok next question how to strip guns that are welded so tight together they are effectively expensive paper weights ?
    Cutting torch?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I've always relied on the Hoppe's line of oils and cleaners. Never had a problem with any of them. But,like Danny said,Thoroughly clean and wipe your guns first-then apply the light spray or wipe of oils. The Hoppe's Elite cleaner actually helps condition the metals to resist fouling and trouble down the road. William

You cant get them open in that case then, what weapons are you refferring to specifically?

Thanks

Danny

Never Use WD-40 as a coating for your weapons it will rust the weapon...Only use to free actions then wipe clean.. I use Ballisol or G-96 oil to coat the weapon......BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

As Bill says, WD-40 should only be used to free-up rusted parts and remove surface rust.

How and where the guns are stored will also have an effect on how much and how fast
    rust will accumulate, as well as the 'saltyness' of your skin and sweat
    when handling metal parts.

A light gun oil is best: Hoppe's, 'G96', etc. I use a product called 'Sheath' on guns
    as well as knife blades, which leaves a thin film of rust preventative, and I try
    to remember to re-apply it anytime I handle a piece.
    Regards,

Steve.

if you tell us what guns you need stripping we can try and teach you

tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast