Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.

Article about: I've been collecting militia since Abe Lincoln was a little boy, well maybe not quite that long, but certainly a lot of years. And during those years when ever I bought a gun, sword or unifo

?

Default Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.

I've been collecting militia since Abe Lincoln was a little boy, well maybe not quite that long, but certainly a lot of years. And during those years when ever I bought a gun, sword or uniform I try to find the proper accouterments or equipment that goes with them like the slings etc.
    Some of the items are scarce and took years to find but eventually did while others are common and over the years I've managed to obtain enough of these items to complete or compliment 99% of the guns, swords or uniforms I have in my collection. The other day, I took a mental inventory of some of the rarer ones and not so common ones I had managed to gather over the years and being retired and nothing better to do, thought I'd post them here for something to do.
    First I'll start with only the slings for the guns and swords. Some of these slings are pretty scarce and/or uncommon.
    Please ask any questions you might have on any of the items. All are original.

So here we go ...

1, A 1859 Stuarts sword sling, only 500 made.

2, A excl condt. scarce M1923 canvas sling maker marked and dated 1942"..

3, An early T-30 Japanese sling with an aluminum buckle

4, A rare leather 1917 Kerr sling

5, An excellent leather SVT sling

Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have. 
    Last edited by RayG; 08-27-2013 at 12:40 PM.

?

more

1, Three early US handgun lanyards, 1943 dated, 1917 dated and 1903 dated

2, A 1840 art and an 1860 swords with CW period leather sword wrist knots

3, 2 mint/unused K98 slings

Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.

?

more

1, CW buff leather over the shoulder carbine sling

2, 1914 leather Ross sling

3. A mint leather 1916 pattern Enfield sling WWII dated

4. CW buff leather over the shoulder sword sling

5. The 1886 first pattern Trapdoor single claw buckle sling having the early thin fingers.

Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.

Some interesting stuff there Ray!...

?

Looks like the photos got jumbled up a bit, sorry

Had to picture the ones still on the mannequins, too hard to remove.

1, On the left, an 1885 over the shoulder carbine sling on a Spanish American War trooper, Rough rider.

2, On the right, a CW over the shoulder carbine sling on a Custer 1876 period display, the CW sling was used until into the 1880's

3, Lower, a CW Over the shoulder carbine on a 1885 trooper.

Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.

?

Almost forgot. I have a couple of Winchester 1895 slings. These Win 95 slings are really rare to find. The first one was made for the Russian contract 95 rifle and is a bit less quality then the earlier one below which was made for the US Winchester Lee Navy and 95 musket.

Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.
    Here's some hard to find/scarce/rare, sword and rifle slings I have.

?

Thanks for showing Ray like Paul says some interesting stuff.. Cheers Terry

txrelichunter
    ?

Wow.. I was wondering where you got the info on that "J.E.B. Stuart" Sword Hanger? I am doing a little research on this piece as I just dug one up in an area that had some Civil War Activity. No battle but some activity.. Interested of coarse in that you said there was only 500 made? I would like to know more...

Thanks, Rich