Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'

Article about: by ace alan ladd a hero in the war himself is it him who took on a german bunker i no a hollywood actor was a hero during world war 2 cant remember who it was Are you thinking of Audie Murph

?

Default Re: Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'

Quote by ace View Post
    alan ladd a hero in the war himself is it him who took on a german bunker i no a hollywood actor was a hero during world war 2 cant remember who it was
    Are you thinking of Audie Murphy?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by ace View Post
    alan ladd a hero in the war himself is it him who took on a german bunker i no a hollywood actor was a hero during world war 2 cant remember who it was
    Rob, This was Audie Murphy The USA's most decorated soldier of WW2.. He Became a movie actor after WW2 and starred in his own WW2 true life story on the big screen 'TO HELL AND BACK'... Alan Ladd was in several good War movies 'PARATROOPER',,, 'OSS', 'Luck Jordan' and several others.. BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'   Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'  

Attached Images Attached Images Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M' 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Alan Ladd's War movies::::::
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'  Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'  Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M' 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    audie murphy was a great actor and a reluctent hero, but all real heros are, another great actor was jimmy stewart, and again a hero, he was a piolot in bombers over germany based in england, yet to look at him you would never think he had the balls. A TRUE HERO. the quiete man has no need to boast. good threat bill
    H Phill, Yes, Jimmy Stewart a great and modest man.. Here is as video of him recounting his WW2 days...BILL

YouTube - Jimmy Stewart Bomber Pilot

ace
    ?

audie murphy thanks everyone i remember my dad talking about him as a kid he was one of his heros didnt realise how decorated he was my god

ithaca37
    ?

I love these great films and the true stories of the brave men who served in the various wars for our country. An interesting book is "They Also Served", by Scott Baron. It is military boigraphies of uncommon Americans. Among those listed are James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Ted Williams, Warren Spahn, and many other well known people that gained fame from other than their military service.

I also own a Colt M1903 that I was told was carried by a US Army Air Corps crewman in WWII. I purchased the weapon from his brother in law. They man who originally carried it was lost during th war.

?

Nice NIB pistol! Here are mine. While not in as nice a condition, they have sentimental value as they were my grandfathers. He carried them at different times during his career as a police officer in Los Angeles from 1920 to 1940.

drm2m
    ?

My dog is a gun collector....German WWII by preference.
    His collecting habits have not had the chance to expand...yet!

David

P.S.

Bill

Your first photo of the Colt in the box..looks very nice.
    I have to teach the dog about Colts!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hollywood Crime Dramas and the Colt Model 'M'  

?

very nice handgun you have there!

Quote by MarcM View Post
    Nice NIB pistol! Here are mine. While not in as nice a condition, they have sentimental value as they were my grandfathers. He carried them at different times during his career as a police officer in Los Angeles from 1920 to 1940.

I would think your grandfather's Colt could really relate some great stories... Nice family keepsake...BILL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast