Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

How do you hang your rifles?

Article about: I am thinking about mounting my No.1 MkIII SMLE Lee Enfield and my K98 Mauser on my wall. How should I do this without damaging the rifles? Any ideas are great, so post anything you might kn

Default Re: How do you hang your rifles?

Hello,
    Thanks for the pictures, these look ideal. Could you tell me what the trade name is so that I can track some down myself?
    The vertical adjustment is very handy, how often am I a couple of mm's out when trying to drill into very hard walls?......quite frequently!
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Quote by navyman View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks for the pictures, these look ideal. Could you tell me what the trade name is so that I can track some down myself?
    The vertical adjustment is very handy, how often am I a couple of mm's out when trying to drill into very hard walls?......quite frequently!
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    navyman,

The hooks were a local brand, made in Spain. I think there must be similar models in hardware stores. I bought in in a big chain of hardware-bricolage superstores called Leroy Merlin, which is very popular in Europe, in the for bicycle hooks section. They had an enormous assortment, so I can imagine that in the USA (where I assume you live) the assortment of hooks must be much broader.

Regards,

Gus

P.S.

In my previous post, I stated it was Martin who gave me the tip about the hooks, but in reality it was Dave (Panzer 3). I got a little confused by the names, sorry.

Gus

Hello Gus,
    I will go hunting for some at the local bike shop. By the way I'm in Bristol UK not over the pond!
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Quote by navyman View Post
    Hello Gus,
    I will go hunting for some at the local bike shop. By the way I'm in Bristol UK not over the pond!
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    Hi Navyman, i know this is an old post but i was wondering if you managed to find then here in the UK, as im struggling to find anything that would look good?

?

I use clear plastic tubing they sell in hardware stores or bigger chain stores like Lowes or Home depot over the hooks that are usually mounted on peg boards ot hold tools.

My Mosins are on the wall with two hooks with a little padding. Didn't want it to be in a case or anything, just something it could be lifted on and off easily. Pretty cheap to make too, even cheaper if you make it yourself as I did.

?

looks like my post on using sheet rock screws and fish tank air tube was removed. it is the least cost and very versatile in my opinion if you have a lot to hang. here is how I hang my rifles and swords. it leaves less holes in the wall this way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How do you hang your rifles?  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3